Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pictorial Tutorial or One Can Never Laugh Too Often!

Welcome to my blog, Delightful Details!!
Hope you are having a great day. I'm laughing at myself right now because I'm attempting to do a pictorial tutorial (try and say that three times fast! seriously!!!) No! I'm serious you've got to try that 3x really really fast, here I'll type it out and you read it really fast!!! Pictorial tutorial pictorial tutorial pictorial tutorial ... wasn't very easy was it...hmmm? Now do it without looking! Okay, just had to break the ice here and make my nieces laugh cause I know they are reading this.... love ya girls!! I know you think I'm a dork... Actually you could just find Tim Holtz's video on YouTube and watch him do this, he's much more professional and talented. But, I may be more entertaining.... the verdict is still out!!


Gather your supplies: All the must haves are shown here except for a paper towel for blotting; the Ink blending tool/foam, heat gun and your embellishing stamp. AND my siggy at the end I somehow deleted....

3 - Distress Ink Dye Stamp Pads (Ranger Industries) I used Shabby Shutters, Antique Linen and Broken China
1 - Inkessentials Non Stick Craft sheet (Ranger Industries)

1 - Inkessentials Mini Misters, (Ranger Industries) filled with water, I'm stating the obvious!
1 - Inkessentials Ink blending tool and foam (Ranger Industries)
1 - Manila tag (Paper Accents)
1- Heat tool
Stamps

#1 Rub the Distress Ink stamp pads directly on the Non-Stick Craft Sheet without overlapping the inks. You can barely see the Antique linen but it is there!

#2 Liberally spritz with water from the Mini Mister.

#3 These next photos show the progression of pressing the tag onto the inked craft sheet. Re-mist if necessary.



#4 You have the option to dry the tag after each application of ink or do it at the end. I usually do it at the end of applying the ink, however you can get different looks depending on the ink and the drying... so have fun and experiment!

#5 Here is the darkest ink used and I'm going to apply a "swirly" stamp around the edges of the tag. Stamp is from a set (Inkadinkadoo)

# 6 (this is optional) I spray the mini mister water into my hand and flick the water (very technical) onto the tag and let it set for a moment.

#7 Gently blot with the paper towel.

If you click on the pic to enlarge you'll be able to see the water spots better. #8 Next blend the Antique Linen around the edges. I do this just to darken the edges a little bit. Blending the ink can be tricky using the blending tool, it takes practice so I truly do recommend watching Tim Holtz do his "thing." It's not hard but it does take a little bit of practice. Here's his address http://www.timholtz.com/ the home menu has a Demo list the one you want is "distress inks" it's about 7 minutes long and worth watching.

"One can never have to many hugs or laugh too often"

Here is the final result after adding a sentiment and some ribbon/fiber stuff to tie off the top of the tag. (the stamp is from Stampendous! and the ink is jet black Stazon which is getting a little on the dry side, sorry about that!)
Well that's about it, I'd love to hear from you so please leave a comment and if you have any technical questions ask Tim Holtz... just kidding, if you have a question don't hesitate to let me know and I'll do my best to help.
Hugs & Blessings to you!!
Natalie
A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance... Proverbs 15:13a
PS I made my hubby say "pictorial tutorial" as fast as he could and his response was " I feel like a dork" so I told him he was in good company!! Blessings!!

2 comments:

  1. Pictorial tutorila pictorial tutorial pictuorila tutoral...I can't even type it fast...dang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful tutorial. I'm with Bobbie. Type two erase one, type two erase one. LOL

    ReplyDelete