Friday, August 14, 2009

Hooray it's Friday!! "Distressed" layout

Thanks for taking a peek at my blog!! I hope you find some inspiration and encouragment here!
Hasn't this week flown by, I can't believe it's already Friday. Everywhere I read I'm reminded that school is just around the corner. Well, I don't have to be concerned with getting kids ready for school anymore but when I think of school starting then I realize Christmas is just around the corner!! Yikes!!! I don't even want to think about that!! Summer is just starting here!! I can finally have my cup of coffee on the back porch and not have to put on a jacket for crying out loud!! Enough whining for now....
I've been wanting to do a scrapbook page for quite awhile and over at Christian Paper Crafts http://www.cpcmag.com/ there was a challenge on Saturday to use the following Scripture from Joshua 10:25 "And Joshua said unto them, Fear not, nor be dismayed, be strong and of good courage: for thus shall the LORD do to all your enemies against whom ye fight." (thanks to Mary Collins for choosing a great verse to use this week!!)
Now even though this is a challenge there is no deadline to get this done, so I encourage you to join in the fun and share your creation. Just remember when you "upload" your picture in any gallery be sure to label it as CPC SS003. (Shae: did you catch that???)
I've been wanting to try more distressed paper in my layouts and I'm getting braver!! Here is my layout - distressed paper and a flower!! I'm really getting out of my comfort zone, but I'm stretching myself to try new things all the time. You'll have to click on the pic to get a close-up of the distressing. I used the Heidi Swapp Distresser.

This is my husband Kerry praying for Jakob during the dedication. Kerry is not only Poppa but Pastor!

Close-up of the paper flower and Scripture, I've printed it out on a transparency and the font I used is "The Blue Cabin"

Here are the ingredients to my layout:
Paper: DCWV (Nana's Nursery); Bazzill Cardstock; Bo Bunny buttons (Abbey Rd. line); misc eyelets from my stash; Pink Paislee Alpha Stickers (love 'em!); Tools: Crop-a-dile Big Bite!; Heidi Swapp Distresser; transparency from Staples.
Have a great weekend and be strong and of good courage for the battle is the LORD's!

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment