Monday, August 17, 2009

Color Monday Challenge...whoo-hoo only 4 more days!!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are having a superb day!

If you read my post on Saturday I thought I'd ask how you are doing on the tongue twister (pictorial tutorial)? I'm sure you'll be relieved to know that I'm getting my tongue to untwist and I'm getting quite proficient (ha!).


Anyway... it's MONDAY, whoo-hoo only four more days 'til FRIDAY. Everyone likes to celebrate on Friday being Friday so I thought I just jump ahead and start the count down....
Now that I think of it I should count down for SATURDAY because it's my wedding anniversary!! Yes friends I've been married for (are you sitting down?) it will be our ... whew! 33rd anniversary of wedded bliss! So... in 5 days I'll be celebrating with my dear hubby Kerry and I think we are going to the fair with some of our kids. Oh and the plan is to get new tires on my car on Saturday.... we are so romantic! ;-)

Over at CHRISTIAN PAPER CRAFTS (have you checked out the site yet? www.cpcmag.com) Mondays are Color Challenge day! Janette Olen (check out her fabulous blog /http://www.stampinwithstyle.blogspot.com/has chosen the following colors for this weeks challenge: mellow moss, always artichoke, perfect plum aren't those great names for colors!!

Here's my card for the challenge and although I don't have those exact colors I used the following Distress Inks for the background color on the white cardstock (concord grape, shabby shutters, frayed burlap: all Ranger Products) I've used 4 different cardstocks, "plum" (which I blended the concord grape Distress Ink on the edges) dark green (my artichoke!), dk brown-green which I'll call moss although it's not very mellow!! But it works great with these colors to mat the very busy pattern paper I made. The button and flower is from Making Memories and the plum ribbon is from my stash. The lovely stamp is from UNITY STAMP CO. and was designed by our very own Patter Cross (DT coordinator at CPC) and I used Stazon jet black ink to apply it.

Have a beautiful day and remember Jesus loves you!!

blog signature


"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, "says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the ALMIGHTY" Revelation 1:8

1 comment: