Friday, January 27, 2012

Hello my delight friends and family!
I made this card a couple of weeks ago and keep forgetting to post it.  This is a watercolor technique I've used with Distress Inks and Distress Stains.  Both are waterbase so after applying the ink directly onto the craft sheet, (Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed - Distress inks;  Fired Brick and Peeled Paint Distress Stains); I've sprayed them with water then loaded my stamp with the mixture and then stamped onto watercolor paper.

  

Easy peasy and I know I'm not proficient at it but for my first attempt in a long time, I thought it turned out okay!  I love this stamp which is probably retired by now (Hero Arts) called Showy Blossoms.  My base is Bazzill card stock and then I've matted the focal piece with a smooth cream colored card stock (Taylored Expressions).  The sentiment is also from Taylored Expressions and I've used the Spellbinders Tag Trio die (cut from watercolor paper leftovers!)  I've stamped the Je t'aime with Stazon black ink (Moka Collection - Cherie stamp)  The little heart was also stamped with Stazon, then stickles added for a little bling. The heart is also from TE - Buddy Bear set. The red ribbon is American Crafts.  I've sponged around the edges with the Distress ink, Worn Lipstick.  Finished card is 4.25 x 5.5

(inside "You have my heart" from Buddy Bear set - TE)

Thanks for looking!  Hope you are having an excellent day!  God bless.

The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made.  Psalms 145:13


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment