Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Simple Blessings.... Did you miss me?

Did you miss me?? I missed you all!
I'm not sure where this week has gone but it's already Thursday and I haven't posted for a WEEK!! My goodness, I guess I've been busy. Our friend and evangelist/pastor was staying with us and ministering at our church for 3 nights and so we were pretty much caught up in that, which was a good thing for sure!! We always have a great time with Darrell. He is usually over at the church all morning and then we head to the 2nd hand bookstores (he loves the old commentaries of the Bible as well as a lot of classical writings) he has 2 favorite places to check out in town and after that we go to lunch for some Chinese food, yum!! I feel just a little tiny bit guilty because dh has to work at the mill during the day, pastor the other hours of the day and night and I get to hang out with the "young" man of God and have lunch! Oh the perks of being the pastor's wife ;-) We did however grab dh some lunch and take it out to him on his lunch break.
Well, since it's already Thursday (12:03 am) I will post the Christian Paper Crafts Color Monday Challenge from Jen:
Shades of brown & Pink + white (Optional shade of green - just in case you want to use flowers )When uploading to our gallery, please use keyword CM45 and when uploading to your blog or other online galleries, please use keyword CPC-CM45.
AND
Here is Sketch Tuesday from Gloria:

CPC-ST45

Isn't this the cutest sketch, too bad I didn't follow it exactly!! Ooops and as we say at Christian Paper Crafts: "No worries, there are no challenge police" thank goodness for that!!

The sketch however was a great inspiration
and it got me out of my creative slump! Thanks Gloria!!


Here is the close up of my flower. Everywhere I look I keep finding handmade flowers so I jumped carefully onto the band wagon and this is what I got! Very simple: I used my large blossom punch (Marvy Uchida) punched out 4 blossom from regular printing paper, dabbed them with distress ink on both sides, I used Antique Linen and Worn Lipstick (I love those two together!) folded them every which way and then using my cropadile I punched a hole in the center. Added this custom brad (it originally was pink with white polka dots (Bazzill) that did not match my colors! So I used my Copics (E37)to color it and then added Glossy Accents and then a button!) Easy peasy! Another easy project was the leaves. Stamped them with a UNITY stamp on green paper using Coffee colored Archival Ink and then using my Copic (YG11) I colored the stamped image, cut them out and adhered to the card.


Here is a side view so you can see the dimension.

Pretty easy card, I used both the challenges and I'm a happy gal!! Here is the list of the ingredients not mentioned.

Paper: Pink Paislee (DP) Bazzill cardstock;

Stamps: Unity Stamp Co (this is a Thanksgiving stamp but you can see how versatile it can be!

Embellishments: Ribbon and buttons (from my stash)

Technique: Paper piecing, handmade flowers.
Ok my dear friends I'm falling asleep at the computer so I'll say good night and I hope to post something else tomorrow for Bible Verse Thursday..... stay tuned!!
PS hope there aren't too many typos... I'm not reading it again!!


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the colors and your flower! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Natalie and your flower is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Natalie, I love your peach flower! Those leaves are fabulous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...did you see that both Brenda and I think your card is fabulous? (Great minds think alike, I guess!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and I love the paper flower!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time during you break from blogging! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete