Thursday, October 22, 2009

For God so loved... a Christmas card

CPC-ST27 and SSCC#9
Hi and thanks for stopping by!
I thought I'd get this posted tonight and then work on some more creations while the mood is still there!! Yikes I've been really lacking the creative incentive here lately, but I've been really busy with more needful things so it's all good! I managed to finish a card for the Sketch Tuesday (great sketch Alisa, thank you!!) at Christian Paper Crafts right before I had to leave for Bible Study tonight and after the grandbabies went home. This will also qualify for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ #9 challenge. I don't have very many stamps for Christmas, especially nativity themed ones, so this will have to do! Maybe I'll win the sets they are giving away from Taylored Expressions, wouldn't that be a blessing!
Here is the sketch I was working from!
Here is a close-up of this stamped sentiment that I love. I've had it for awhile now, I purchased it at a locally owned store called Carl Johnson's, they have been slowly reducing their stamp and scrapbooking section.

(click on it to enlarge)

Here is the recipe:
White cardstock for base (Bazzill)
With a blending tool I inked the whole outside of the card with Ranger Distress Ink: Worn Lipstick
I stamped two corners with Tim Holtz's "Artful Flight" set with Fired Brick Distress Ink from Ranger.
The scallop circle was punched with a Marvy Uchida punch, I blended it with "worn lipstick" and then stamped the Tim Holtz's stamp (Fired Brick) again only after blotting it so it would be more in the background and the sentiment would be more prominent. That stamp is from Uptown Rubber Stamps "God So Loved...";
The pattern paper is from Kaisercraft "Winter Wonderland" Let it Snow which is double-sided.
Joy and Hope stamps (Inkadinkadoo), I stamped with Stazon Black Cherry and inked edges;
Button (Foof-a-La); Snowflake punch (EK Success)

blog signature

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

5 comments:

  1. I like the fire brick ink, its such an intense color, isn't it? Very pretty card, thank you for participating in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is an awesome card! Such details! Thanks for sharing it and playing along with us at SSCC!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Thanks for playing along at SSCC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, GF this is beautiful! I like that it is in pinks. You do a beautiful job. And energy after a Bible study and after the GK left, WOW!
    I am impressed.

    Thanks for adding SSCC to your busy schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! This is soo beautiful!! LOVE the colors, love that verse--very CUTE card :)
    Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC!

    ReplyDelete