Thursday, September 24, 2009

Meeting the Challenge!

I did it!! Three challenges in one week!! Whoo-hoo!! Can you tell I'm excited about that! Of course you can I said "whoo-hoo!" (ha!)
My next big goal is to combine more than two challenges into one project!!

Welcome to Delightful Details! If this is your first visit I just want to thank you and warn you! I'm a relatively new cardmaker and am blown away by all the talent I've been exposed to! Can I just say that I'm just in awe of all the talent out there! I'm hoping as I continue to learn that my ability will improve drastically. I'm hoping that I'll at least see a difference in my skill level. I enjoy learning so it's actually a lot of fun, but humbling that's for sure!

I'm late in posting but my family has to come first and I had a sick grandbaby yesterday to take care of and it was an overnighter so I was really lacking in the sleep department on Wednesday, I even missed our morning Ladies Ministry. But I'm feeling much more rested tonight, thank you Lord!! And Jakob is on the mend, too!!

If you follow weekly here is a reminder to check out Chelsea's WAIT ON THE LORD WEDNESDAY card ministry and you can go to CHRISTIAN PAPER CRAFTS to read all about it. You don't want to miss out on her card and the opportunity for her to send it to someone you know who is in need.

Thursday had a pretty nice challenge for our BIBLE VERSE THURSDAY. Angella had something a little different in mind and here is what she said: Use your favorite hymn or song lyrics as inspiration for your card, layout, altered item, etc. You may twist this however you like. Scan your hymnal book to make your own designer paper, hand-write your lyrics, or simply base your project on a musical theme.When uploading to the gallery, use the Keywords BVT24....when uploading to any other on-line galleries, please use the Keywords CPC-BVT24.There are no time limits and NO challenge police!! Just have fun and show us what you've got!!! And here is what I've done:

CPC-BVT-24

This is my "Favorite Hymns" tag! Of course there are too many favs to put on a small tag but these are certainly in the top 10! I reduced the size of the hymn pages and copied it then aged it with Distress inks (frayed burlap, mustard seed) and after adhering them to the tag I stamped (Unity Stamp Co., & Inkadinkadoo with the Distressed Ink:aged mahogany). To age it a little further I sprayed the tag with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, pink taffy.

Here is another creation for the challenges this week.
CPC-CM23 (Color Monday and CPC-ST24 Sketch Tuesday)
Both challenges are from CHRISTIAN PAPER CRAFTS! I was determined to use only scraps I had and nothing new! And I did it! Yippee! That was another challenge but of my making :-) Here are the ingredients: My Minds Eye (pattern paper) Bazzill: cardstock; Paper Accents: cardstock -card base. The buckle is actually paper from a diecut that I had in my stash for about 3 years! I used an Inkadinkadoo stamp from a Harvest set, Stamping Up! stamp (leaves) I've had for at least 7 years! Stazon Ink, jet black (sentiment) I made the background paper by using 3 Distress Inks (Dried marigold, frayed burlap, mustard seed) to create a "fallish" background then stamped the leaves in the Frayed burlap ink color. To finish it off, I used Smooch, pearlized accent ink in a pumpkin/rust color to bring out more of the autumn colors. Just as a reminder the color challenge was: pumpkin pie, tempting teal and cocoa.
Well, thanks for visiting and looking forward to my next post. Tomorrow is FUN ON FRIDAY if I haven't posted by the evening be sure and check out CHRISTIAN PAPER CRAFTS to see what fun Cindy has challenged us with!!

blog signature

I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him. Philippians 3:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment