Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's Official Autumn is Here

It's officially Autumn! I know this because my husband turned on the heater this morning!! If he turns the heater on you know that the mornings are cold!! Brrr! It is a cool one it says 39 degrees outside so I guess I will have to resign to the fact that summer is over. It was a quick two weeks, let me tell you (ha!) I actually love the beginning of fall, the leaves turning color, the cool mornings and evenings, the days stay comfortably warm until the middle of October, I can live with that! Driving thru the redwoods is beautiful and although they don't turn color the others around them do and it's a beautiful sight! Definitely a photo opportunity waiting to happen! Marcelle has a wonderful devotional that she's written over at Christian Paper Crafts concerning the leaves turning and being fruitful. She lives on the east coast so she is particularly blessed with changing seasons. Here we are surrounded by the majestic redwoods and although there is a beauty about them they are evergreens so we don't see them change color, however I'd like to share an analogy about them as well. This giants grow in groves, clustered together for a reason. Their root system is very shallow and it goes out rather than down and they intertwine with one another. I find this fascinating because when the wind storms come they gain strength from one another so that they won't topple over. I love that this is how the body of Christ should work as well. We get our source of strength from Jesus through His Word then in turn reach out to others to interwine our lives with them and get strength through those wind storms of life. An isolated life is not only lonely but is not healthy (spiritually speaking) either. The Word of God says, "that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another." (1 Corinthians 12:25) The apostle Paul writes a lot about this in chapter 12 of 1 Corinthians, I encourage you to read it today. Well, the grandbabies are arriving for the day so I'll close for now be sure to check out the card Chelsea has made to give away for WAIT ON THE LORD WEDNESDAY at Christian Paper Crafts, she is so talented and has such a giving spirit!

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment