Thursday, February 5, 2009

Psalm 139:16-17 layout

So, I'm still at the beginning stages of blogging so please forgive the "backwardness" of this post. I'll learn the order of things as I go but for today I will show the details first then the final product! I was excited to try my hand at more of the shabby chic look and here is my "feminine look" featuring our little sweetie, Riley Ann.

I used a transparency under the embossed vellum so it's not the clearest on here but you get the idea. I wanted to put a Scripture with nice lettering so I did that on the computer font: ck curly cursive.
Distressed the bracket ("naked" chipboard) painted it Deep Coral (Making Memories) first, then added Distress Crackle paint (Tim Holtz) then used the Pink Sherbert Dabber (Adirondack). Lots of steps but it was fast (used my hair dryer to quicken the drying process)



My patterned paper is double - sided. A new release for 2009 from Imaginisce called "Fairest of Them All" this is the Enchanted Garden. I love every piece in that line!!! The cardstock is a cream and a pink sorry don't have the actual color names.
Distressed the pink cardstock with Antique Linen (Distress Ink from Tim Holtz) then add white dots and doodles with a white sharpie.







I love how this turned out! I used EK fiber instead of thread on the button. (see how "chic!") Ribbon is American Crafts.
I used a tule blossom from MM Paperie Greenhouse which went over a scalloped circle that I punched from the patterned paper. The larger blossom and button was from my "stash" not sure what company.





(ok, is she not adorable, or what?!! I just want to pinch her rosy little cheeks!)

Ta-da! The end result. I do want to share that I used another tulle blossom and sprayed it with Pink Taffy Glimmer Mist as well as the pink (which was white) larger blossom underneath.
Then sandwiched a yellow blossom between and added a button with yellow fiber.

My photo corners (which aren't used around my photos!) are from my newest punch from EK Paper Shapers: Photo Corner Scalloped.

Well, it's off to cleaning my house, I neglected it yesterday so I've got to make up for it today!

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment