Saturday, February 21, 2009

Can I Please Be Grounded to my Craft Room?

Welcome weekend!!
I'm going to try and get a few words in before Kerry (my hubby) and I head out for breakfast (or rather brunch). He's been over at the church studying and preparing for Sunday service and I have been getting "ready" to go to breakfast and finishing up a layout to post (how spiritual of me, I know). He's been over there for awhile so I expect to have some good conversation over our meal. That is always a good thing!

I explained to him I wouldn't be doing much "creative work" in the next 3 weeks so I REALLY, REALLY NEEDED this weekend to be grounded to my craftroom! (now when I say weekend, I mean Friday night and Saturday afternoon and maybe if I can a couple hours Saturday night - I too, have to prepare for Sunday!) Next weekend our oldest daughter is coming home for Jakob's birthday party and then Monday our friend from Nebraska is coming to spend 4 days with us and will be ministering at the church each evening. Then the following week I'm heading to Nashville!!! My friend Donita and I are heading to the Minister's Wives Event!! We are so excited we can hardly contain ourselves. I'm going to be so busy between now and then!! (Perhaps I won't have time for craft withdrawls!) So, this weekend, as many hours as I can, will be spent at my craft table. But knowing my life of interruptions (not all of them are divine, but often times needful) I'll be curious to see what I accomplish! Here's the first (and only layout so far):
We were over at our son and daughter-in-laws just in time to see "bath time"

Here are some close-ups of the DETAILS:

The patterned paper (3) is from DCWV "Nana's Nursery" the cardstock is Bazzill (I believe this is wisteria and a teal). I used my Cricut (George cartridge) for the brackets. I tore the paper and inked them with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink "dusty concord" I stamped around the edges and I also stamped the little bird then added the teal wings. Sorry, don't know the source of the stamps. "bath time" is a transparency and the font I'm using is from http://www.kevinandamanda.com/ called, smiley monster..... (hey! My man better get over here soon my tummy is starting to complain, loudly!) A lot of my ideas start with the Friday Formulas from http://www.createmykeepsake.com/ it's a great source for creative inspiration or http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com is another one I check out often for inspiration. Here comes my hubby, hooray!!! I'm gone!
Have a good one and I'll talk to y'all soon (y'all is getting this California girl ready for Nashville)
Natalie



No comments:

Post a Comment