Thursday, November 29, 2012

Encouragment Card - Word Art Wednesday #56

Hello Delightful friends and family! 
 I have been completely MIA from my blog this month!!  I'm having computer woes! I need to invest in a new computer but it's just not the top priority financially right at the moment. So... I'm a bit hit and miss here because it's too frustrating to work on a computer that's ready to give up the ghost and slower than dial up (no kidding)!  However, I've been very busy making lots of cards for our Ladies Ministry Christmas Party coming up on the 8th, I'm making 25 cards for that, plus finishing up the cards for my 2 sisters and my sister-in-laws birthdays this month. It's been a very busy month. 
My oldest daughter is heading to Mexico for a week long vacation and it's her birthday tomorrow, so I doubt she will see this but I still want to say,  "Happy Birthday, AMY!!!"
 
I'm so thankful for the Lord's goodness and I believe this Scripture I've used works perfectly for this weeks Word Art Wednesday challenge. So without further ado....
 
 

 
Most of the ingredients are from this months Taylored Expressions Key Ingredient Kit. The stamp is from the set called Faith in Bloom. The dies are Chevron Border (Taylored Expressions) and Spellbinders Oval Scallop Nestabilities. I've used Memento Nautical Blue to stamp the image and the sentiment.  Super simple card to make.  I'm hoping in the very near future to make room for my sewing machine so I can start to embellish the cards with some stitching, I just love that added touch!
 
He who follows righteousness and mercy finds life, righteousness and honor. Proverbs 21:21
 
 Please keep us lifted up in prayer.  Our church fellowship has some members with very serious physical problems and need a touch from the Lord.  There are three members with late stages of cancer; one young man (24 yrs) just had a lung transplant (he was born with cystic fibrosis) so this is a miracle in itself for him to be given such a precious gift but it also means that someone else's family is suffering the loss of a loved one. Also, substance abuse in our area is very high and the effects of this in the families is heart wrenching.  It's very difficult to see so many families hurting.  When one member hurts, we all hurt for them and when it's multiplied over, it can at times be very overwhelming, especially for the pastor so please pray for my husband and I to be strengthened by the Lord, who is always so faithful.  To God be all the glory.
Thanks for visiting and thank you for your prayers!
 
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. Love hose pretty papers you used. Hope Amy has a fabulous vacation and gets plenty of rest. She is going to love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green rick rack bottom border - it reminds me of grass under the flower. Very creative and fun! Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by to share with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. I always enjoy your art and having you play along.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card is beautiful in a less is more, kind of way. Roms 8 is a statement to inspire hope in anyone.
    Thankk you for sharing with us at WAW.
    Psalm 103 Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson,
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH NO! I'm so sad you are having computer woes! Hope it gets fixed soon!!!

    Happy birthday to your oldest daughter--I hope she enjoys Mexico!! SUPER fun! Psalm 118:24

    FAB card! I LOVE the colors and papers---love that simple flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a Wonderful encouragement card! So Pretty! & That passage is just Perfect! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie, I will be in prayer for your congregation. It is difficult to see all the pain this time of year. I will say the program my brother-in-law started one year ago for men with addition and sumstance abuse is doing well and we have two men who are coming up on 9 months substance free. They will be spending a few days with their family at Christmas and the family is so excited. They will come back to finish of their year. Rod has put his heart and soul into this minsitry along with my sister who lives on one side of the house, so she is very much a part of the ministry also. Your card is just beautiful and I am sure your daughter loved it (if she saw it).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and I have been and will continue to pray for all the concerns you have mentioned! You are a tremendous blessing and I also pray for YOUR encouragement this season :0)

    ReplyDelete