Thursday, November 8, 2012

Emboss Resist tags for Christmas

Hello Delightful friends and family!  Brrrr is it cold today!!!  We've had such a crazy weather day, sunshine, hail, rain and a couple of rainbows, too.  I wish I had my camera with me when I went to the school to pick up Jakob from kindergarten.  There was a beautiful rainbow and I've never captured one with a camera before.

Well, today I'm sharing some more tags that I've done.  I've used the resist emboss technique.  Love how these turned out. They are not nearly as beautiful nor extravagant as the ones I've seen on pinterest or in blogland but they are definitely a good choice if you  like or prefer the CAS style or want to try the technique.  By the way, there are many tutorials in blogland that share how to do the technique if you are new to this.  
 My first tag isn't complete but I wanted to share it anyway.  The tags are a larger size than the last tag post.  They measure 2.5" by 5-1/8 and are from Paper Accents.  I've used clear embossing powder (Ranger) with Versamark embossing ink to stamp the image.  All of the background inks are Distress Inks and I cleaned off my table and put them away before writing them down! (oops) However, I do know that I did use Aged Mahagony, Broken China, Salty Ocean, Fired Brick, Barn Door, Pine Needles, Bundled Sage and Shabby Shutters.  There may be one or two more, but it's always fun to experiment with the colors, so have fun if you decide to mix and match the colors.  I've also used Memento Tuxedo Black to stamp the Mixed Media Background (Ranger Tim Holtz stamp) on tag #2.
#1
The stamp I've used is from Stampin' Up! called Evergreen, I have a feeling I'll be using this stamp set a lot this Christmas season. The bow is ribbon from American Crafts.  I've distressed the bottom edge of the tag with my fingernail and then blended the Aged Mahogany ink along that bottom panel. I used a posted note to mask off the area. 

#2
I still have to adhere a "To and From" on this one.  The Stamp I've used is from Our Daily Bread Designs called "Blessed Christmas" isn't it pretty?  There is a matching die that coordinates with it.  The ribbon is from Taylored Expressions Key Ingredient Kit.  Ranger Liquid Pearl (rouge) embellishes the center of the poinsettia.

#3
This is my favorite!  I've used the same Evergreen stamp, then added some brown dotted/white fabric tape.  I've used the Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax from My Favorite Things and the TO and FROM is a stamp from Taylored Expresssions (Tag... You're It!).  The sparklies are Tiny Twinkles from Taylored Expressions and the ribbon is American Crafts.

 These tags are a gift for either my sister or sister-in-law.  Haven't decided yet!  But I have a lot of smaller ones to add to the collection.  Well, that's it for me today, need to bundle up and get warm!  Brrrrr!

You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.  Isaiah 26:3

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Wow!! They are beautiful and the red one is my favorite cause that is my favorite color. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowie!! They are all soo Pretty Natalie! I think the poinsettias are my Favorite! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tags, Natalie! I need to get started on some, and yours are just so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie what beautiful and I love the emboss resist technique. And you did a fabulous job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tags Natalie!!! Your sister or sister in law will love them!
    Hugs,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. These came out GREAT! This technique is on my list of things to try - I love how your tags came out! Post the pic of the rainbow! Always nice to see one... Have a great week Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you warm up soon!!! It was super cold here last week, but this week we are in the 80s. I hope we don't get any cold fronts anytime soon! I love warmer temps:)

    FAB tags--GORGEOUS bold colors! LOVE that second tag with that stripped ribbon! LOVE x10 x10 x10:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful! Hope you are staying warm :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Natalie. Love the emboss resist technique, especially with the poinsettia image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great inspirational work Natalie! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What awesome tags, Natalie. You're always SO super creative and fun. I hope you will be able to join us again this week at Word Art Wednesday!
    Blessings,
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete