Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sketch Tuesday and another Color Challenge

Hello! It's technically still Tuesday on the west coast so I'm not late posting this latest sketch challenge from Christian Paper Crafts!! Hooray! I was multi -tasking, listening to Beth Moore's teaching on Daniel and card making, can it get any better?? I even had a cup of hot tea with some delicious Italian Sweet Cream (Coffee Mate see pic below!) that was like having dessert, yum!!! Nice relaxing evening while the rain was coming down in buckets, I was in the comfort of my own craft room enjoying my tea listening to one of my favorite teachers! Nice!

Here is our sketch AND I've incorporated a Color Challenge from Our Creative Corner, this was my first visit there and I loved the colors (blue and green) for the challenge so I said, I think I'm going to accept the challenge!! So, I hunted down some blue and green color in my patterned paper selection and this is what I've come up with!
CPC-ST40
As you can see by the sketch there are lots of possibilites. I chose a sympathy card because I'm still making a set for my mom. This came together quickly once I knew what papers I was using. I used my cuttlebug to dry emboss the light green paper (Fancy Pants) and mounted both the pattern papers with Bazzill cardstock (green and navy) Basic Grey is the other designer paper. I used the Label One Nestabilites for the sentiment (MSE) and blended Distress Ink (broken china) around the edges. The sentiment was stamped with Cobalt blue Archival ink. The ribbon is from Bazzill and the pearls are from a company called Creative Charms. I think that's about it on the ingredients. Hope you are all staying warm and dry!! Thanks so much for looking and God bless you.

Couldn't resist!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful, simple card! TFS,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW a set of handmade cards is such a great gift idea. I would have a hard time giving them away though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Natalie, I love the simple yet peaceful design.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Natalie! Wonderful layout, fun use of your punches and I LOVE your color selection!

    Thanks for joining us over at Our Creative Corner! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete