Monday, January 4, 2010

I Dare You to Read it All!


Another fabulous sketch by Gloria Stengel! Make sure you use keywords ST38 in the gallery at CPC, or CPCST38 on other galleries so we can find your work.

CPC CM38 & ST38

Here is mine can you tell what our color challenge is???

Well just in case you can't here it is: dark & light pinks + white or vanilla (optional: an additional neutral such as black, brown, or gray) After this VERY LONG post I've given the recipe to my card! You know I love to combine challenges, one of these days I'm going to surprise you with more than just two in one card, but it's not going to be today, but I am going to do it!! Can I make that my New Year's resolution!! I'm pretty confident I will keep it! If you are new to the blogging world (I consider myself a "toddler") boy are you in for a fun ride!! There are so many great sites and challenges to get involved with (check out my sidebar!). Which brings me to the reason for my post today: Christian Paper Crafts has challenges and a giveaway each week and we would love for you to check us out! AND we are having a BLOG HOP this Friday January 8th which will feature our awesome January 2010 sponsor GINA K DESIGNS!! There will be a fabulous prize too so check back!! Thank you Gina!!

I would also like to introduce our January Guest Designer Randi Barrett (randisanewcreation.blogspot.com)

I'm so excited that Randi Barrett will be joining us this month not only is she a very talented cardmaker, a loving mother, a doting grandmother,(I've read your blog, Randi!) and a cherished wife but she's a really sweet, sweet lady with a wonderful testimony of God's love and mercy in her life. He has been with her through four bouts of cancer given her such an appreciation for life and blessed her with a wonderful sense of humor!! She is also on the Design Team for Stampin' Sisters' in Christ Challenges. Love ya, Randi!

Here is our schedule of challenges at Christian Paper Crafts and our hostesses so be sure to mark your calendars and check out our gallery for inspiration!


Monday is Color Monday (With Jen aka Miss Boo you can also find her at Splitcoast Stampers with their CAS challenge and is a featured artist at StampTV this month!! One very busy and very talented lady)
Tuesday is Sketch Tuesday with Gloria who is so stinkin' busy and is on many Design Teams and does these fantastic Sketches and on top of that is Homeschooling 3 kids, she is one busy momma!
Wednesday is Altered for Him is an opportunity to receive a handmade tag with an encouraging word or Scripture, all you have to do is leave a comment and then one person will be randomly selected to receive the tag. ( Cassandra who was just published in Somerset Studio is our hostess on Wednesday!!)
Thursday is Bible Verse Thursday with Angella who is over the top with her incredible cards and has a STASH of Glimmer mist on her craft table I just know!! She is also on the Our Daily Bread Designs Team and you can find a lot of her work over at Splitcoast Stampers as well.
Fun on Friday this is where you never know what kind of challenge our fearless leader Cindy will have for us! Cindy is so blessed with opportunities to show her talents that I would need another blog post just for her. Check out her blog at Christian Paper Crafts, she will be published this year in Paper Crafts Magazine and Cards Magazine. Whoo-hoo!! And her latest venture besides keeping us in line is the Hope 2010 Bible Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.
CASE Artist Saturday and Scripture Saturday hosted by Mary. Mary does an awesome job choosing an artist from our gallery for you to "Copy and Share Everything" and this is a great way to express your creativity while using someone elses idea! Mary also hostesses Scripture Saturday which features a Scripture or Biblical theme for your scrapbook page.
Sunday is our day of REST!
So you may be wondering where I fit in on the Design Team. Well, I write the weekly Bible Study in the Gospel of John and Marcelle does the Daily Bread Devotionals and then we get to play along on the challenges as well as work with our sponsors wonderful merchandise! There is even more but this post is getting much to long!! So go see for yourself!!

If you've lasted to this paragraph I want to say THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU for hanging with me!! Probably only my mom will read this in its entirety! (lol)

Here is my card recipe as promised:
Paper: Bazzill cardstock; DCWV Glitter Sweet line
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co. "Mix-up of Cuteness" (image and sentiments)
Ink: Archival Ink, crimson; Distress Ink (Ranger) worn lipstick
Prismacolor pencils: Process Red
Embellishments: Doodlebug diecut border strips; Making Memories: flower and button
Tools: Marvy Uchida Circle punch; Ranger: Blending Ink tool

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wow...this is quite a post...lol. I loved your take on the sketch. Your colors are divine and that cupcake looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card---love how you did the sentiment too. I love your layout sketch too!

    ReplyDelete