Saturday, January 2, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas 2010?

Hello Friends, Followers and Family!! I've been busy in my craftroom and have neglected to take down my Christmas decor but since I was late putting it up I'm not feeling "too" guilty... As long as I get it down before Valentines Day!! Just kidding... ;-)
I thought I should post this tonight, even though it's late (Hi Randi... another night owl!) because tomorrow is super busy with church (remember I'm the Pastor's wife, lots of stuff on my plate tomorrow so... without further ado check out this sketch!!!
Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #96

I've combined two challenges in my card today (rather, tonight!). The first challenge is from Sparkle Creations and the challenge is making a Christmas card with buttons, now I know Christmas is over, but this is for 2010, why wait until the last minute! Anyway, I love making Christmas cards and it's challenge #5 and I've incorporated the above sketch from Taylored Expressions (TESC96). This is a great sketch and I'm so glad I've been able to create with it! Be sure and head over to these two blogs and check out the fun stuff!! And here is my card:
TESC96 AND 2010 Christmas Card Challenge #5
Recipe:
paper: Basic Grey (DP) Eskimo Kisses line and Bazzill cardstock
Stamps: Sentiment: Fiskars, Heidi Grace line and Kaiser Scrapbook, Doodled Christmas.
Ink: Archival Ink, coffee
Prismacolor Pencils: Dk green and Crimson Red (OMS) White Sharpie Paint pen (dots)
Punches: Fiskars border punch and EK Success corner rounder
Embellishments: Buttons from my stash
Pretty straight forward, I would consider this a CAS card.
Thanks for looking and would love hear from you!! Don't forget to keep a song in your heart!! Better to sing than grumble!! Blessings to you all!!


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. A pretty card Natalie. I may have to try out that sketch myself. I will be doing Sparkle's Challenge as well! Cheers,
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Natalie!

    CONGRATS! You won my Blog Hop Candy from the Melanie M 2nd Anniversary Blog Hop. Please email me at: sosketchyATliveDOTcom with all your mailing details!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I used the same sketch to make my card for Sparkles challenge this week too...great minds think alike! I'm not posting mine until tomorrow though. Love, love your colours and smart idea to use the buttons as berries! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Thanks for playing the sketch! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use for the buttons, and I like the edging punch you used at the bottom too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card!! Great job with TESC96!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete