Monday, April 6, 2009

I finished the accordian mini album for my friend Tina, finally!! I had so many interruptions, but that's just life here in the Houston home! I'm not completely happy with the finished product but I was trying some new things and used my Cricut to cut out the circle scallops.
The backside of the album I glimmer misted with Pink Taffy and Robin Egg Green.

I've decorated each circle only on one side with the thought that my friend should write little notes on the backside of the album for her new granddaughter. Tina is a precious woman of God and I thought it would be very special to write prayers or encouragement to the new baby Jaidyn (aka Princess Jaidyn!) and then pass it on to her when she becomes an adult.
The first circle has a scripture from Psalm 28:7
The last two lines say "give thanks to Him in song." Tina is
a worship leader so I thought this would be a good scripture to begin
this little "journey".

The stamp is from Unity Stamp Co. "Something Within" set.
All the patterned paper is from Graphic 45 "Baby2Bride Collection" I loved these soft colors.

The cardstock is Bazzill. I also should mention that the patterned paper is doublesided.

This second scallop I hole punched and added ribbon.



#3 Scallop you can really see the Glimmer mist. I stamped the edges with a decorative floral from Inkainkadoo and added photo corners that I punched using the Paper Shapers Scallop. (I did not mist the corners for contrast) #4 circle I used my Cricut to cut out the star (George cart). The tag with ribbon and "Baby" tag are from Graphic 45.


#5 Just added brackets and bling, # 6 distressed the brackets with paint and Glimmer mist added a star w/button on the top corner.

#7 This is one of my favorites! Glimmer misted the cardstock, distressed the edges with pink paint that added little white "doodles" with paint. Flower is a daisy punch from EK Success and the button from BG Two Scoops. The stamp is from Unity Stamp Co.
"Something from Within" set.

#8 I cut a circle using my Cricut to make a round frame. Distressed the frame with pink paint and white doodling! Punched the scallop circle with a Marvy Uchida punch and added the "You're Special" sentiment and bird stamp from Inkadinkadoo.
My little album is too fat for the tin it came in so I'lve got to come up with some kind of container to package it in. I want Tina to be able to take it around and show her girlfriends pictures of the new grandbaby!
This is going to be a busy week I've got a hair appt. after work tomorrow (Thank YOU, Jesus!!) I've had enough bad hair days this month already! Then Wednesday it's Bible Study in the a.m., then off to the blood bank for my quarterly blood letting! I have iron overload so I need to dump some of my blood! That takes me a day or two to recover my strength. Ugh! Thursday Bible Study p.m. and my little Jakob all day. Friday the kids are coming over for dinner. Saturday getting ready for Sunday and Sunday is Resurrection Sunday with dinner at my mom's, it's also her 71st birthday. We are going nontraditional with a Chinese menu. Should be an interesting week! Looking foward to the blessings and the challenges!
It's time to head to bed! Have a terrific Tuesday!
Natalie
The precepts of the Lord are right, making the heart glad; the commandment of the Lord is radiant, makng the eyes light up. Psalm 19:8





3 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful! I love the quotes you have in there and all of the papers you chose. She is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i adore the quotes and the papers are so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet project to make for your friend!!!

    ReplyDelete