Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Word Art Wednesday Challenge

Hello!
It's time for a new challenge over at Word Art Wednesday!  Our sponsor this week is the Project Bin! They have some really cute stamps and coordinating dies.  Thanks so much to Denise Storck (founder/owner of the Project Bin).  Be sure and check out their blog for inspiration and some very cool tutorials! Our sponsor is giving $15 to be used in the Project Bin Store! 
Here is my card for this weeks "Anything Goes - Family Friendly challenge:

I had fun designing this card using the "Sunburst" technique.  I will try to explain it but there are lots of tutorials and videos out there in blog land, it's definitely not a new technique.
I've chosen 5 different patterns from the Bo Bunny "Early Bird" Collection of 6x6 papers.  I cut them into strips of 1.5" x 6" (I could have gotten away with 4" lengths). Then I cut those at a diagonal so I  had 10 pieces (triangles) to work with.  On a piece of white card stock cut 4.25 x 5.5, I made a score line across from the bottom at 2.5".  Then I added liquid glue to the white card stock above the score line.  Beginning in the center I added the "triangles and worked down to the score line.  The tricky part is to make sure that no white is showing at the top of the card stock, so you will have a lot of "overhang" which will be trimmed off.  Sorry, I should have taken pictures of the process.  😟
After trimming all the excess paper, I added a piece of pink card stock 2.5 x 4.25 to the bottom and then adhered a dark pink ribbon and bow over the seam. Our Scripture Art was matted with the coordinating card stock and designer paper.  I added this all to a white card base.  It didn't take much time at all and it's a great way to use up those 6x6 paper pad leftovers!

The Scripture Art this week is from Ephesians 2:6 "And hath raise us up together, and made us to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus."
I am so glad that I have a place in Christ Jesus, once we are believers our identity and life are in Him and this earth is no longer our home but heaven is our home because of our fellowship with Jesus. We are just pilgrims or strangers on this earth! Verse 6 is right in the middle of a group of verses that show God's work of redemption in us individually.  I hope you'll take the time and read the Book of Ephesians especially chapter 2! God's gift of salvation is such a blessing and my prayer is that you've had a personal encounter with Christ and have surrendered your life to Him.  A decision you will never regret.

Thanks so much for visiting today!  Be blessed.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment