Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Word Art Wednesday #206

Hello Delightful friends and family!

Here  is this weeks card for Word Art Wednesday.  I've been playing around with different combinations of  Distress Inks to make a night sky.  This card I used 3 inks: Salty Ocean, Peacock Feather and Dusty Concord. I used my white Signa Uni-Ball pen to make the stars and snow on the trees.
 The trees are the dies from Cottage Cutz (Fir Trees). We carry quite a few of this brand at Scrapper's Edge, our local scrapbook store.
 I used Neenah white card stock and with Distress Inks: Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn I misted the paper and the inks (on the craft sheet) and pulled the paper through the ink a number of times, dried and then die cut the shapes.
With some scrap Neenah white card stock I die cut the hillsides using the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside border dies.  I also printed the Scripture on the Neenah c/s and then inked around the edges with Tumbled Glass (Distress Ink).
Hope you will join us and share your art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday the challenge is Anything Goes - Family Friendly.


Another wonderful verse to share on the card this week by Karen Murray.  
"And call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me." Psalm 50:15 
How many of us go through troubles?? How many of us are troubled?  I think it would be safe to say that we all have struggles in our lives or sometimes surrounded by trouble whether it's financial, relational, spiritual or physical (or all of them!).  I think of the Christians in the Middle East who are brutally treated, losing their family members and their own lives.  Makes my troubles look like a walk in the park.  However, no matter the trouble, it still takes the same action on our part to be delivered, whether we are delivered out of our troubles or delivered through it and that is to call upon the Name of the Lord so that He will be glorified.  There is always a higher purpose for the trials and tribulations that a believer may go through. Sometimes we understand, other times we will have to wait to get our answers when we see the Lord face to face.  Fair or not, God is God and we are not. We are to walk by faith, not by sight.  Ultimately the things we go through are for our good and for His glory and if we are truly His, we will call upon Him in that day of trouble and have the confidence that He hears us and will deliver us.  To God be the glory!

Thanks for visiting and God bless!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully said, Natalie! I love your card! It looks just like my favorite winter nights! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Natalie. Yes we have to call upon the Lord. And, I for one am so glad I have Him to call upon. Love your night sky and your stars. The trees are quite beautiful also. You did good with your uni-ball white pen.

    ReplyDelete