Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Adorable is My Middle Name - Mini Album

Hello Delightful friends and family!
Here is my second mini album I made for my niece.  This ended up to thick to add to the one I shared in the earlier post.  My intention was for this to be an interactive page inside the first mini album I made.  So, she received two instead of one but there were no complaints (lol!)

Warning: This post has a lot of pictures!

  I've used the same paper as the last mini album (DCWV - Nana's Nursery Baby Boy)
Here is the link to making the base of this album: TUTORIAL.  When I made the base I thought I was using a good color to coordinate but it ended up that I hated it and so I Gesso'd the entire thing and either ink sprayed, covered with the DCWV paper or used a better color of card stock to coodinate with the designer paper. (a lot of extra work on my part which was unnecessary if I had chosen a better color card stock to start with)

I'm just going to share little bits with you because there is just too much to remember!!!
Dies: Spellbinders; Flower punch (Marvy Uchida); Faux stitching: Faber Castell Pitt white pen. The front cover closes with velcro.


I've used small white tags from Paper Accents that's I've embellished.  Stamps and ribbon: Taylored Expressions.

 I've used seam binding and dyed it with Dylusions Ink Spray (Ranger) and the vine stamp is from Prima Marketing.  The border is the DCWV paper.  I've slipped in a 4"x6" piece of vellum in the place where the picture should go.

Printed words next to hippo sticker below is computer generated and printed on a transparency.



Notes and Date are a Lawn Fawn Alpha stamp set. Border die (My Favorite Things), each tag has this on the backside for journaling.


Tag stamped with "Cutie Pie" (Unity Stamp Co.) Flower border (Taylored Expressions) and Grass (Lawn Fawn.  Photo Corners: Marvy Uchida Punch.

 "Adorable" quote computer generated printed on Vellum (font: Cutie Patootie); Fishtail banner die (MFT) I double stamped the lion on patterned paper twice and fussy cut the head and used a dimensional to pop it out a bit.  I don't remember the paper I used but it worked well and he turned out so cute!!  I used a Copic marker to color the mane.  The background was ink sprayed with Ranger Dylusions Ink (vibrant turquoise, dirty martini and white linen) and I'm loving this combination.  It's even prettier in person.
 I think the woodgrain paper is Simple Stories and I cut the extra strip at the top and bottom to make it look like a fence.  Distressed with ink on the edges.  The banner is the MFT die.  WeR Memory Keepers bakers twine to string the banner.  I was inspired by a scrapbook page on Pinterest for this layout.



So, if you made it this far, thanks for sticking with this picture heavy post.  I hope you are inspired! If you have any questions please be sure to leave them in the comment section and I'll try and answer them for you.

I will be sharing this at Word Art Wednesday #136 Anything Goes.

 Today is my little granddaughter Addy's 5th birthday!  Can't believe she will be starting kindergarten in the fall! I took this picture today as she was heading out the door on the way home.  

Thanks for visiting!

For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:9


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. It's absolutely fabulous, Natalie! I love all the pockets and flaps and tags! Great paper stack to use for this too!
    Thanks so much for your encouraging comments this morning! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is STUNNING, Natalie. I love all the little pockets and photo mats. It's SO lovely. Thanks for playing along with us, and for sharing your awesome talent. It's SUCH a blessing to have you join us. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete