Sunday, March 10, 2013

Birthday Wishes - Seize the Birthday #9

Hello Delightful friends and family!
Here is a card I've done for the Seize the Birthday challenge.  It's the feminine birthday card week, so here is the sketch and my card!


 I'm using another fun Saturated Canary digi image for my card today. This hip young lady is named  Violet Vintage. I have colored her with Copic Markers. The sentiment and label are both from Taylored Expressions Labels of Love stamp set.   The designer paper is Jillibean Soup's, Grandma's Lima Bean Soup collection which was the inspiration for the color scheme of markers I've used.  

Other ingredients used:  Card stock: Bazzill and Neenah;  Ink: Memento, Nautical Blue; Archival Ink: Olive; Darice Hemp; Button: Making Memories; Side border die: MFT: Die-Namics Notched border; The flower was created with a die (Taylored Expressions, Bugabee flower) and the felt was a gift from my niece who lives in New York!  She gave me a stack of beautiful colors, I almost hate to cut into them.  A Spica Pen (Lime) was used to add a little glimmer to the green flowers in Violet's hair and the buttons and heart on her dress.  Unfortunately the picture doesn't pick it up.  Well, I think  that's about it.  Hope you enjoy the last day of the weekend. Monday will be here too soon! 
  Thanks for visiting.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  2 Timothy 1:7



Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. You are really getting a stack of bday cards together--PERFECT!!! Because there is always someone who is celebrating a special day:)

    LOVE this card--perfect colors!! Great coloring {esp. her hair}-- fun image! ALL in ALL-- FAB card:) LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo Adorable Natalie!! Love the Sweet image and Super coloring too! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Natalie this is so beautiful!!!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one wonderfully funky little lady!! Love your colouring and the papers and button are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great image and what a beautiful card. Your coloring is always so beautiful. Love the color you chose. Great for this image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful coloring and cute card! Lovely work! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful image and colouring, the blues are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Natalie,

    I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog while Abby did a guest post - I greatly appreciate it!

    You have an absolutely lovely blog that reflects your love for our Lord. I am always thrilled to meet Christian women online :) I am now following you and I look forward to visiting again!

    Blessings and hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that blue and green together. I keep telling myself I'm going to break down and buy the coptics. What a difference they make. You have a fun blog--and one that offers God's embracing grace to all of us who visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! I could not do that if my life depended on it, wouldn't even know where to start, lol! You are talented and I'll bet you had a lot of fun!

    I also love the name "Violet." Reminds me of Abby's post on Stephanie's blog. God connecting the dots, just as you said. :)

    I'm glad that you stopped by and I am your newest follower and looking forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bwahahahaha! That is made of awesome! I can totally relate to leaving things all over the church.

    So are you a pastor's wife too? Awesome! We actually don't live in the parsonage. In the past it was used for extra classrooms and ministry stuff, but now someone in deaf ministry is living in it.

    Once I found TWO of my son's hoodies and I also found his keys. He had set his keys down and forgot where he put them, and in the course of looking for his keys I found his two hoodies.

    I also found one of my bowls (so THAT'S where it went), lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just felt the need to add that my laughing and saying "that is made of awesome" was in response to YOUR comment on my blog about leaving your keys.

    I have locked myself out of the house several times. Just walked outside to get in my car thinking I had my house keys with me and I didn't.

    ReplyDelete