Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Special Thank You


Hello Delightful friends and family!
Happy weekend to you.  We are having a gorgeous day, spring is definitely around the corner but I know we can and probably will experience a few more winter storms during the month of March. That is usually the case in our "neck of the woods".
My card today is a thank you to Judy and Michael Phillips who were so generous in sending me 3 of the newest books written by Michael. Michael is a local author and recently wrote: Angel Harp, Heather Song and From Across the Ancient Waters which are fictional books based in Scotland and Wales with wonderful characters growing in faith, with lots of adventure, mystery and romance in the mix, too. To see an excerpt and more info about Michael's books please check out their website Father of the Inklings

  So with the inspiration of the heather found in Scotland and the music of the harp and the love of  our heavenly Father waiting on the prodigals, I tried to make a card that would somehow bring those elements into the design.  Well, let me tell you I searched high and low for a digital stamp of a Heather plant to no avail!  So this one is hand drawn and colored with Copic markers.  Do you know how many varieties of heather there are?!  So this is my own vision of what one of the Scottish Heathers would look like.  I hope I did it justice! 

inside

Recipe for the card:  
Designer Paper: Glitz; Card Stock: Bazzill and Watercolor Paper; Stamps: Thank You Inside and Out - PTI; Scripture inside card: ODBD;  Ink: Memento, Tuxedo Black;  Distress Inks: Vintage Photo and Worn Lipstick: Ribbon: American Crafts; Dies: Spellbinders (Scallop Circle, Ribbon Tag, Postage Border); Hand drawn heather using Copic markers.

Thanks for visiting!  Have a wonderful weekend.Photobucket 










4 comments:

  1. OH, Natalie! This is GORGEOUS! I think you did the heather plant justice! LOOOOOOOOVE your coloring and drawing! You should submit it for a stamp image!! LOVE:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Natalie, I did not know you could draw also, but that is fantastic and I love how the colors are vibrant together and the sponging. Such a sweet card and I know they will love it! Beautiful!!!!! Hugs to you dear sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what other tricks do you have up your sleeve, oh Miss Talented One? This is amazing!! What a beautiful card. . .and one I'm sure that will be greatly appreciated!! Nice work!! Hugs and blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete