Friday, July 22, 2011

CPC Retro and Vintage Blog Hop starts today!!

Hello and Happy Friday to all you delightful friends and family!  Hope you have a fun and restful (do those go hand in hand??) weekend!
We've starting our monthly blog hop featuring Christian Paper Crafts Retro and Vintage Theme.   Be sure and visit the Creative Blog for directions and see the prizes for this months blessed participants!


 
Here is my vintage looking card.  Most of the cards I've done this month in the CPC gallery have been "retro" so I thought I'd better try a little harder with the vintage!  Hope you like it.
I've started with a yellow base (Bazzill card stock) and distressed the edges with Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress ink); I cut another yellow piece of card stock, embossed the edges with a new Sizzix embossing folder (Fancy and Floral Frames) Then I used two different distress inks and starting with the lightest I blended the ink from the edges inward.Starting with Scattered Straw, then the darker Vintage Photo.  After I finished with the inking, I distressed around the edges with a Heidi Swapp distress tool before attaching it to the base.
  I had two flowers that were a peachy color and recolored them using Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam and painted them to darken and add a little glimmer using the color Espresso Bean. I added a brad for the center.
I've used the Spellbinders Nestabilities Lacey Circles to frame out the sentiment by JustRite Faith set.  I've stamped using the Memento rich cocoa ink.
Here is the inside of the card.  Same stamp set which included the sentiment and the pretty border design.  I've stamped with Memento, rich cocoa then sponged with the Vintage Photo Distress ink by Ranger.  I've used the same embossing folder to do a strip of the dark brown card stock to give the inside a finished look.


The only thing I'd change about this quote is that I wished it said  "Faith in Christ, makes all things possible" because we do exhibit faith everyday whether we are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ or not!  It takes faith to turn on the lights (faith in the gas and electric company), it takes faith, a whole lot of faith driving your car! Think about that one - you have faith that the other driver is going to be a good driver and the list could go on!  But having faith in Jesus Christ changes everything. The most important change is our eternal destination.  We have some wonderful discussions and lots of encouragement at Christian Paper Crafts, it's a blessing to be a part of it and I invite you to visit us if you'd like to know more. If you enjoy paper crafting that will glorify the Lord we have lots to inspire!  Thanks again for visiting and I look forward to reading your delightful comments.  God bless!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Amen! "Faith in Christ makes all things possible!" What a blessing you are, Natalie. So faithful to share God's Word and the love of the Lord! AND. . .your card is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. . .a vintage beauty! Looks like a leather bound vintage photo album! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie this card is gorgeous and I just love the vintage look of it. The embossing you did is delightful and even thought the card is so beautiful, I really enjoyed reading your post. You are a true blessing to CPC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I really love what you did with the embossing and scripture too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love vintage!! This is so sweet and just love the inside too. Thanks for sharing how you did this too, lovely inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie this is just so elegant!

    ReplyDelete