Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blast From the Past!!

Welcome to the Blast From the Past customer Blog Hop featuring our favorite Taylored Expressions stamps released prior to February 2011!
This month there was a bit of a twist to the hop and it was suggested to make a CAS card (lots of white space and little if any layering). That is so not me!! So this definitely was a challenge! For a bit of inspiration we were also given a fantastic sketch designed by Sankari Wegman. My first card was inspired by the sketch and I took a few liberties. It's simple but not CAS! (ha!)

Stamp Set: CreativiTea

Ta-Da! Here is my Clean And Simple card, hope you like it!


I've used the stamp set called Make A Wish.



Ingredients for card #1 Designer paper: Basic Grey (Kioshi); Bazzill card stock and Neenah bright white. Inks: Memento, rich cocoa; Distress Ink, vintage photo; Take Note Frame 3 Die (TE); Sizzix Embossing Folder; Button (stash) Finished card A2.Ingredients for card #2 Card Stock, Bazzill and Neenah Bright White; Ink: Palette Black; Accessories: Smooch Sassy Pink acrylic accent paint; Tiny Twinkles (TE), American Crafts ribbon; EK Success corner rounder; ProvoCraft, Dotted Swiss Embossing Folder.


Thanks for visiting and I know there will be lots of fun and creative blogs to visit today. Enjoy and thanks to Taylor for the opportunity to share!


Photobucket









17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! I really love the paper pieced tea pot. Never thought to do that with this set before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! I love the pretty teapot on the first, and the clean use of that fabulous sentiment on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both CAS designs are sooo pretty...love the papers you used on the first and I sooo love the green on the second!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I really like the colors and paper you chose to go with the teapot image. Such a pretty soft card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are WONDERFUL! I really LOVE the paper pieced teapot! SUPER sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are wonderful and I love both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely cards! Wonderful 'steaming' teapot and lovely papers paired with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the paper pieced teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that teapot! Those colors are so calm and can't help to make the recipient smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the paper piecing work! What great designer paper too. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So soft and pretty. I love how you have stamped the teapot on the floral paper. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your paper pieced teapot! What a darling card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them both! The teapot card is just lovely, the paper piecing and patterned paper you used are beautiful. I love the polka dot ribbon on the second!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're both so sweet and pretty! Love your cards :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete