Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Word Art Wednesday Challenge - Focus on the Good

Hello Delightful Friends!
I have two cards to share with you today. One I've used the Scripture Art for this weeks challenge at Word Art Wednesday.  The challenge is Anything Goes, Family friendly and our sponsor this challenge is Stix2Anything (an adhesive package!) Everyone needs adhesive!!!  So head over to the challenge and play along.
The second card is similar to the first but I've used a stamp set from Catherine Pooler called Focus on the Good.  I normally give cards that have Scripture on it that would make sense for the occasion such as get well, encouragement, sympathy etc.  Today's verse is directed to God exalting Him before the people by King David, so I had a difficult time thinking of an occasion that I would give it.  Don't get me wrong, I love God's Word, every word but some verses have more of a personal feel to them, that work well with card giving.  I don't think I would give a card with "Jesus wept" on it, if you know what I mean, so don't be offended!   
That is the reason I've made another card that is similar and has a word of encouragement that reminds me of Philippians 4:8 (NKJV) which says "Finally brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy -- meditate on these things."




The fun paper I've used is from Simple Stories - Oh, Happy Day! collection.  The dies I've used are Lawn Fawn stitched rectangles, Cottage Cutz Leaves and Stems, Doodle Flowers Set 3. The flower on the first card was cut from white card stock and the base piece was colored with Copics BG57, BG72 which matched the paper perfectly! The flower on the second card is a felt flower from Heidi Swapp that I've been hoarding!  I've added a yellow button and hemp cording, all the leaves are die cut from Lawn Fawn 6x6 paper pad In the Polka Meadow.

Thanks so much for visiting!!  Don't forget to visit us at Word Art Wednesday.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment