Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Trials Will Come

Hello Delightful friends and family,
I been MIA here in blogland for the last couple of weeks.  My husband Kerry had a heart attack (he is doing great, thank the Lord!) but ended up being in the hospital for a couple of days and having 3 stints put in to open up the blockage in his arteries.  It's taking a little bit of adjusting due to some lifestyle changes (mainly his diet and also trying to sleep with a cpap mask, any tips to help him adjust to this mask? He's fighting it big time). 
Learning to keep meals and snacks heart healthy and diabetic friendly have been a little challenging and time consuming.  I want meals to taste good!  So... my focus has not been on crafting but counting calories, cholestrol, sodium, fat, protein, plus finding good recipes, etc.  But it's paying off for my sweetie, he has lost 10lbs and that's good but why did I only loose 3? Just doesn't seem fair! 😏

Well, it's time for another Word Art Wednesday challenge.  It's Anything Goes - Family Friendly. Our sponsors are Heartfelt Creations (product) and Cutting Cafe (digital).  Two prizes!! You'll have 2 weeks to play along and you can link up 5 new projects.

Here is my card for challenge 298 & 299:


I've used the Sizzix die (Tim Holtz Alterations Tree Line Thinlits) which I diecut using black cardstock and doubled it up for more dimension.  The background was created with watercolors on 140lb Strathmore cold press watercolor paper. Super easy to do.  Start with some light colors but lots of pigment on your paint brush.  Dry completely and then paint over it with black. I splattered the paper with white acrylic paint that I've had for ages!  I used a circle punch to create the moon and swiped some acrylic white paint across the yellow card stock to give it a shadowy effect. I've colored the banner with Wink of Stella Gold and a Spica gold pen.

Our Scripture Art is from the book of Job: "But He knoweth the way I take: when He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold." Job 23:10
How appropriate for this week considering what we have been going through this week. The Lord knew exactly what kind of trial we would be facing. You see, since He knows, He can strengthen us to face each trial and as we submit to Him we are able to come forth as gold.  That means are faith which is more precious than gold has been purified through the heat of the trial.  Consider what the people in Texas and Lousianna are going through right now because of Hurricane Harvey. Our nation has an opportunity to come forth as gold, pleasing to our Lord by showing love to our neighbors no matter their political affiliation. Perhaps this disaster will bring healing to our nation. It touches all of us and I hope that we all step up and do the right thing to honor the Lord Jesus and help our brothers and sisters in need. I don't know about you but I sure want my faith to come forth as gold in the eyes of the Lord. Trials will come and go, learn to lean on our Creator and He will direct your path in a way that will be for your good and His glory.

Thanks for visiting and continued prayers for our friends in Texas and Louisiana.



4 comments:

  1. Oh my -- this is absolutely gorgeous!! Your card just popped out at me from the WAW design team pics -- love, love, love this awesome showcase of the word art this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie:
    I hope you've had a wonderful Lord's Day. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that you and your family are in my prayers. I am so very grateful for you and for your friendship. May God continue to bless, heal, and work in your lives for His glory. Have a great week.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a beautiful technique. Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. prayer for your Kerry, cpap is a hard adjustment, but, so worth the increase in energy that comes from it! There are special pillows for just such a thing. Also keeping the hose from tugging (elevate it) continued prayer. And your work, as always is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete