Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Longing For the Lord - Word Art Wednesday #284 & #285

Hello Delightful friends and family!

Enjoying some nice weather and watching all four of the grand munchkins playing baseball and softball.  Thankfully I only have to divide myself between 3 teams since the two youngest are on the same softball team.  But sometimes two teams are playing at the same time at the same park (isn't that fun). I've got to learn to clone myself! 😎
 So inbetween games, work, church etc. I was able to make this card for Word Art Wednesday.  This weeks sponsor is Simon Says Stamps so I was pleased to be able to use these pretty stamps called Roses For You a stamp set from the Simon Says Stamp line. Remember you can link up 5 new projects to share with us at WAW.  It is an Anything Goes - Family Friendly Challenge!
Thanks to everyone playing last challenge there were over 360 entries! That's just incredible!

I've stamped the images with Versamark and then heat embossed with Gold embossing powder and colored the roses, leaves and background with Peerless watercolors on 140lb cold press watercolor paper.


Our Scripture art this week is from Psalm 42:1.  I love the book of Psalms (in reality I love ALL the Bible!) it teaches us redemption, it teaches us to seek the Lord with all of our hearts plus there is great encouragement from the Lord through the writers of Psalms. But what speaks to my heart loudly and teaches me so vividly is how to seek the Lord and be a woman after God's heart.  This verse today uses the natural desire of a thirsty deer, a deer seeking water perhaps due to a drought or perhaps it has been pursued by a hunter and needs water to continue it's flight. It gives us the picture of how we should be longing after our Lord Jesus. 
 The Word of God refreshes us just as a deep drink of cold water when thirsty and I'm talking about being really parched and then being satisfied. Seeking/longing to know God can truly satisfy, meditating on His Word brings about contentment, a sense of satisfaction that the world cannot give. Can I encourage you to take a deep drink of God's Word so that you too can be satisfied?  Here is another verse in Psalms that David wrote:

God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.  Psalm 63:1

Seek and trust God wholeheartedly and be satisfied!

Well, that's it for me today! I think I might be able to prep for my card class which is next week since there won't be anymore games until after Memorial Day weekend.  Maybe I can get ahead! (ha!)

Enjoy the rest of the week and thanks so much for visiting!  Don't forget to visit the Word Art Wednesday Blog and play along with us.  It's a two week challenge!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Love your color scheme and those gorgeous embossed flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like this stamp set...wonderful card. Off to take a look at this set. Thanks for the enable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your gorgeous roses--wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Natalie. The little roses are so pretty! The heat embossing looks so elegant.

    ReplyDelete