Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Finding Joy - Word Art Wednesday (Challenge 280 & 281)

Hello Delightful friends and family!

Just a quick post to share my card for Word Art Wednesday.  I've been doing lots of experimenting with watercolors and my card this week is no exception.  I've used layering stamps, a Distress Ink, a Marvy Brush Marker and a Zig Clean Color Marker for this card.

Hope you'll link up this week (and next) at WAW, share your project with us! This weeks generous sponsor is Simon Says Stamp!! Also welcome to Diane Hover who has been our  Guest Designer this month!  Be sure and visit the challenge site and read the devotional plus see all the fun creations by the design team!


 Above is this weeks free Word Art digi.

Ingredients to card:
Hampton Art Layering Stamp "Happy"
Distress ink - Worn Lipstick
Marvy Brush Marker - Olive (stamped off once)
Zig Clean Color marker - orange
140lb Strathmore cold press watercolor paper
pink gingham ribbon (my stash)
Green card stock
Neenah bright white 80lb card stock (base and digi sentiment)

Our scripture art this week features Psalm 5:11.  This is one of my favorites for personal reasons but I have to add the following verse 12 to make it complete for me.  I even wrote a worship song for our church based on these verses.
Here is verse 12 in the NKJV:
"For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as with a shield."
I would have to look back at some old journaling notebooks of mine to see why exactly these verses ministered to me so much but I do know that I pray for God's favor to surround me as a shield. Verses 11 and 12 remind me that joy, protection and blessing will surround me because I put my trust and faith in the Lord.  Just imagine that large shield designed to surround us completely with God's benefits.  If that doesn't create a bit of joy in the soul then I don't know what will!!  Chapter 5 is a great prayer for guidance that David penned and in my bible notes it says "To the Chief Musician, with flutes, a Psalm of David" perhaps that is why I was inspired to pen my own song after reading these verses! But I must admit, I do not play the flute, I play the keyboards, however, I believe there is a flute function on it! 😁
Well that's all for me, I pray you all have a fantastic week and trust that you will be delighted by God's Word and as you seek Him early each day you will feel that joy and peace that surrounds you like a shield.
Thanks so much for visiting!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Natalie. Love the soft water colored flowers. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete