Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Word Art Wednesday Challenge

Hello Delightful Friends and Family
Hope you are having a great day!  Here it is already time for another Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes (Family friendly) Challenge (#276 and #277).  Hope you will link up with us at the blog and share your art.  I mainly do cardmaking but with an Anything Goes challenge you could share your Bible Journaling page, any mixed media, scrapbook layouts etc. We would love to see it and you may win a prize, too! You can share up to 5 new projects.
Here is my card, I played with my new Distress Oxide Inks (finally!!).


I began with 100lb Hammermill  Photo white card stock, normally I use the Neenah 80lb for just about everything, but I wanted to "mist" my paper after stamping with the Oxide inks so I went with the heavier card stock. (It probably would have been fine with the Neenah,)
I chose Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint and Wilted Violet inks for my card. The stamp set was an old Taylored Expressions Kit stamp set (Sending Smiles, retired) .  It had solid flowers and just the right size I wanted to use.  First I die cut the Scripture word art with a Spellbinder Circle.  Then using the negative of the die cut I used it to draw a circle (pencil) so I would know where I wanted to place the flowers and leaves.
I started with the pink flowers and added some of the leaves, then I filled in with the violet flowers, added more leaves and the violet berries. After stamping the first layer of all the flowers I used my Mini Mister to spray water over the inks and then watched them "oxidize", dried it with a heat gun and then I added some doodling with my white Signa Uni-ball pen. I framed out the Scripture with green card stock that was die cut using two of the circle dies.  I added a leafy branch (Taylored Expressions die) and some natural hemp cording for a bow. I also inked around the edges and last but not least  adhered it to my card base.

Here is our free Scripture Art, you don't have to use it on the project you share but it's always fun to see them when you do!


This is a really good verse to memorize.  If you read all of Psalm 90 you can read that the Psalmist is comparing God's eternity to our mortality and then he writes about God's wrath due to our sin, then comes a plea for grace and compassion, and then a plea for the Lord's favor to rest upon us. 
 Knowing that our lives are just a vapor compared to eternity makes me so thankful for what Jesus has done for me.  He took the wrath of God intended for me upon Himself on the cross, so that I might have right standing/God's favor on my life.  Now I know that my life has meaning and it's so important to fulfill God's purposes for me here on this earth.  
 I pray for wisdom, discernment and understanding almost daily and know that it only works if I apply it. (Reading His Word is of utmost importance if we want to grow!)  It takes being mindful of God working in us, we must take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ so that we can number our days and apply our hearts to wisdom. As I said our earthly life is so brief compared to eternity. I want to run this race with endurance and finish well. With the Lord's help I know I will.

Thanks for visiting today and may God's favor rest upon you!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful my friend! I need to start linking to Word Art Wednesday again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card. Wonderful scripture.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete