It's time for another card for our challenge at Word Art Wednesday (#268 and #269). Hope you will play along and remember it's Anything Goes - Family Friendly. Our sponsors this week are Winnie & Walter and the Cutting Cafe! Thank you sponsors!!
Our Scripture art is from 1 Corinthians 13:13 and it's all about the love of God - Agape!
Here is my card:
Here are the ingredients and steps to making this card:
1. Base - Neenah bright white card stock A2 size with side fold.
2. Cut Strathmore 140lb cold press watercolor paper 5.5 x 4.25
3. Using blue painter's tape (1" wide), place tape around all the edges to make a "frame".
4. Stamp heart (Simon Says Stamp - Roses for You set) using Jet Black Archival ink on watercolor paper.
5. Stamp same heart onto masking paper and cut out and cover the stamped heart.
6. Stamp stem and leaves using Olive Archival Ink (see photo for placement)
7. Remove masking paper.
8. Using Zig Clean Color brushes, color the heart (Dark Pink, Dark Red, Carmine Red). Dry. Color Leaves (May Green & Light Green). Dry completely. Use waterbrush or #2 round brush and clean water to blend colors before drying.
9. Color "white area inside the frame with Cobalt Blue Zig Clean Color brush, blend with clean water and #3 round brush. Dry completely.
10. Carefully pull off blue masking tape.
11. With Micron black pen, draw lines using a ruler to frame out focal image.
12. Add Scripture Art that has been printed out on Vellum, adhere on the backside of watercolor paper. Adhere to the card base.
Our friend is here from Nebraska visiting for a week so I need to keep this brief. He is a pastor and evangelist and will be preaching at our church 3 nights this week plus Sunday morning so it's a busy and blessed week! Hope everyone has a wonderful week and are walking in love, it's the best gift to give and receive!
Thanks for visiting and please remember to pray for the USA!