Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Word Art Wednesday #218 Roses Galore - #simonsaystamp

Hello Delightful Friends and Family!
I think I've recovered from the holiday season, finally!!  Now I just have to get back into the routine of spending time in the craft room, blogging and visiting all the fun and creative blogs out in cyberland!  I have been playing in my craft room preparing for the February classes at Scrapper's Edge.  I have one more class to teach this week and hope the ladies will enjoy it!

Monday night was spent working  playing, coloring and designing this card.  It was fun to color with my Copics!! Yay! It had been a couple of weeks since I sat down to actually color.

Here is my card for this weeks Word Art Wednesday:


The background was created by stamping with a cute heart shaped by roses and leaves in Memento Grey Flannel ink.  The stamp set is called Roses for You from Simon Says Stamps.  You can find it here. I noticed that it's out of stock right now, but it is sure a cute set! So glad I got it!  I've used the single rose to accent around the white space and then used the matching die to cut one as well as a couple of the leaves that belong to the set.  I colored with my Copic Markers.  Here are the ones I've used: RV02, RV04, RV09, G24, G43, YG05, BV0000.  I've accented the roses with the Uni-Ball Signo white pen.  The Word art from Isaiah 45:2 is this weeks free Scripture Art that you can use from Word Art Wednesday, just save it to your computer.   Of course you don't have to use it to play in the challenge!  Just remember that the challenge is Anything Goes - Family Friendly! Hope you will consider playing with us, there are wonderful prizes from our fabulous sponsors!

In our verse from Isaiah 45:2  we see that this was a word for Cyrus, who was a Gentile pagan king used by God to deliver His own people.  It's amazing to see how God used this man to fulfill His purposes.  It reminds me of the verse in Romans 8 "All things work together for good, to them that love God and to them that are called according to His purpose." (vs 28).  We can trust the Lord to go before us and make those crooked places straight - of course keep in mind those crooked places (or trials) may be the very place God will teach us and help us to grow into that woman or man of God He has called us to be.  Don't lose heart!  Keep your eyes on Jesus and know that He will make your (spiritually speaking...) crooked place straight in His perfect time.

But now, O Lord, You are our Father; We are the clay and you are our Potter; And all we are the work of Your hand.  Isaiah 64:8

Well that's it for me today!  Thanks so much for visiting!


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. That background is gorgeous, and you colored it beautifully. I love the verse from Isaiah, and it's certainly one we should all thrive to live by. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that verse, and your flowers are gorgeous! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that verse, and your flowers are gorgeous! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those roses! Off to SSS to take a look see. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Natalie, this is a wonderful card, love the clever design and stamping you've created on your background as a backdrop to our wonderful verse from Isaiah for this fortnight.

    Very grateful to the Lord for the blessing of being on DT for this week, thanks for allowing me to be part of of the WAW team, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So Beautiful and Cheery Natalie! Love the verse and your Wonderful roses are so soft and lovely! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen! It's a gorgeous card, Natalie! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I came looking for your Documented Faith Art Journaling, but you don't have a label for it as such. Where can I find it, please?

    ReplyDelete