Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Friend Loves - SSIC#137 and WAW#26

Hello Delightful Friends and Family!
I've been very busy working on a project for my newest great-niece and I cannot wait to share it but until it's finished I can't even give you a sneak peak because my niece (momma of the great-niece) will on occasion read my blog!
I hope to have it done on Saturday.  I'm taking it with me to the National Scrapbooking Crop at our lss and then have my mom deliver it on Mother's Day when she travels up to Oregon.  BUT, I wanted to squeeze in a card to share in the meantime.

This card is really simple and was fun and super easy to make (I love to paper piece as much as I love to color with my Copic Markers!) The supplies I've used came for my April Key Ingredient Kit and I've also used the Faith Blooms Stamp Set from Taylored Expressions. The base card stock is Neenah Bright White and I've used Memento, Tuxedo Black Ink to stamp the sentiment and images.  To color the leaves I used a Prismacolor pencil (Apple green) and the Picket Fence border punch is from the Martha Stewart line.

This card is for the following challenges:
Stampin' Sisters in Christ #137 (Green Thumbs)
Word Art Wednesday #26 (Biblical scripture, or an encouraging/uplifting sentiment.)

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment, it really blesses my day!

Above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Natalie I love this card. Just says spring to me with a little country on the side! And of course I love the country and spring. Can't wait to see your project you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie: What a sweet card, and it has one of my favorite verses. Those kind of friends are rare, and a blessing to find. Thanks for sharing this in our challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. Have a super week!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I love your paper=pieced flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see this project for your great niece!

    I love your card--great job paper piecing! And I LOVE the sentiment/scripture--totally true:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet card, Natalie!! Love the flowers and verse!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really sweet, love your blossoms! Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSiC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the clean look of the card.

    Thanks for playing along with WAW.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete