Thursday, April 5, 2012

Card for a friend and a little more...

Hello Delightful Friends and Family,
It's been almost two weeks since I've posted and I've been one busy chicka! My hubby celebrated a birthday, we had guest minister a week ago Sunday and our friend/'lil bro (spiritually speaking)  from Nebraska was here ministering 3 nights last week at the church and he also stays with us so that has kept me away from the craft room for almost a week.  It was a good time as usual and I told him I'd make some cards for his wife Tiffany and so this is the first one I've made.  I'm in the process of making 4 of these using digital images by Mo Manning.  This darling little girl's name is Adele.  Isn't she the cutest thing?  I've not done much coloring with darker skin tones or highlighting black hair using Copic Markers so I was pretty pleased in how this turned out.  I wish the day had been sunny when I took the picture, we've been having a lot of rainy days here lately.
Here are the other ingredients :  Paper: Basic Grey (Kissing Booth); Bazzill card stock (the card base); Neenah (bright white for printing out the image) I've used the BG solid color (Kissing Booth collection) and dry embossed with the Victoria folder from Provo Craft, then rubbed with Distress Ink (black soot).  The digi Adele has been diecut out with Spellbinders Nestie scallop oval and sponged with Distress Ink (worn lipstick).  The black dot accents were created by using a Viva Pearl pen and I used an awl tool to apply the small dots. The ribbon is from American Crafts.  The finished card is 4.25 x 5.5.

I watched the movie Courageous (from the creators of Fireproof) the other night.  What a powerful message for men and fathers (moms, too!).  The Christian men in our area are getting ready to have an event called "Men of Action" in June.  Two keynote speakers (Tim Thomason - Nature Blinds and Jim Morris - former MLB pitcher and the movie "Rookie") will be featured and it will be a two day event.  It's wonderful to see the men from all the area churches come together in unity to glorify our Savior Jesus Christ and have a desire to mentor men and be a role model that points them to Christ and His Word.
Have a blessed day!

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of the them that slept.    1 Corinthians 15:20

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Natalie! Glad you're back...and with such a cute card!! Have a wonderful Easter weekend! He is RISEN! XOXO

    ReplyDelete