Wednesday, March 16, 2011

100 Sketches!!

Hello Delightful friends and family!!

This week we are celebrating 100 sketches and 100 Color challenges at Christian Paper Crafts!! You will definitely want to head over to the Creative Blog and see how you can win a prize for commenting! Easy peasy!

Here is the sketch by Gloria Stengel! We are so proud of Gloria, she is now on the Spellbinders Design Team!! God bless you, Gloria! Continue to let your light shine!

Here is my card and as usual I'm taking some creative liberties. I know Gloria embraces creative liberties (tee-hee!!) and since there are no challenge police at CPC, I know I'm okay ;-)

CPC ST 100 (digi is a ByLoriDesign image)

I'm calling this card "Hitching a Ride" but haven't decided whether to make it a "hello, birthday, thank you" or just leave blank... love for you to make a suggestion to help me out so I can finish it!

Here are the details: For the image I used Publisher to resize our girl and wagon and then resized the Kitty (separate image) and placed it in the wagon. I'm getting rather fond of playing around with these! Then I printed it out on Neenah bright white cardstock. I colored it with my Copic markers and I'm sorry I didn't get the ones I used written down before putting them away! (oops!) I double matted the image with Bazzill card stock, then stitched in the corner and added red buttons for the wheels.

For the base I used white, then blue, then a red card stock all Bazzill. The designer paper is from the Green Stack (DCWV) and I stitched them all together using a zig zag stitch around the edge (you have to look close the thread is an off white and hard to see). A coordinating dp (DCWV - Green Stack) was used for the middle strip and I matted it in red then hand stitched in red embroidery floss (Making Memories) I used the We R Memory Keepers SEWeasy (straight stitch) paper piercer to get the nice even holes to stitch. The ribbon (Taylored Expressions) accent at the bottom was adhered and a flower button added.

CPC ST100

Thanks for looking and hope you'll leave a delightful comment!!

God bless and remember to rejoice in the Lord always!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little girl! Reminds me of my granddaughter! Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete