Sunday, February 13, 2011

Beat the Winter Blues Sneak Peak

Hello to my delightful friends and family!
This month's sponsor over at Christian Paper Crafts is My Time Made Easy

You really have GOT to check them out! My Time Made Easy carries some of the most gorgeous digital papers, oh the colors and patterns are fabulous!! And Lauren carries some wonderful templates for boxes, totes, and lots of packaging ideas, along with digital and acrylic stamps. There are several freebies for you to try out as well....right here
Thank you to owner Lauren Meader who was so generous!!

The "Beat The Winter Blues" Design Team Delights Gallery at Christian Paper Crafts opens up on Tuesday, February 15th, for those who have Super Sister or King's Daughter subscriptions as a thank you for your financial support of our ministry at Christian Paper Crafts. This last week and today, each of our designers has offered a sneak peek of what you will find in the Design Team Delights gallery, and it spotlights our fabulous sponsor, My Time Made Easy. If you would like to find out more about the levels of membership at Christian Paper Crafts, please follow click on this link. Be sure and check out the other sneak peeks on the Christian Paper Crafts Creative Blog.

Here is my sneak peak! It really stretched me creatively because I've never made digital cards before and so this months sponsor's products were a real challenge to me. But I'm very happy to report that I learned a lot and had some fun once I got over being intimidated by the newness! No stopping me now!!

Here is a close-up of the digital stamp the flower is two pieces. It really is a fun set of stamps. The program I used to create this card was Microsoft Publisher. The black border was created with the program and I added a pattern to it.

I wanted to showcase the paper pack because all of the papers coordinate so nicely. The set I chose to work with is called Gardening Greats - Nomads Pea Pods. The sentiments are a digital set called Tending the Garden.

Thanks for looking, now I need to get back and finish one more project for the gallery. The Design Team has done a fabulous job, I am so impressed with all the creative projects. Hope you will visit us at Christian Paper Crafts and join the fellowship!


Finishing touches: I added digi pearls (Hero Arts, Sew Crafty) to the top sentiment and then printed out my card and trimmed it to leave a smaller white border, then adhered it to the digi paper (Gardening Greats Green Burlap, which matches the center strip) that I had printed out on a 8.5 by 11 of Neenah card stock.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is great Natalie! I think you got the digital down. It does take some time. But I do love the outcome of this card.

    ReplyDelete