Friday, September 17, 2010

Scrappin' some Attitude

Hello Delightful friends and family!!
I'm blessed you've come by for a visit, this is a long post with pics and I don't know if you are even interested in the different techniques I've done on this layout but I'm going to share anyway ;-)
First I do want to share that this is a challenge for the CHRISTIAN PAPER CRAFTS new scrapbooking monthly challenges. So be sure and head over there and check out all the other fantastic layout challenges! This one is called "A Bit Of This and That" Here is the recipe for this fun challenge:
1 - 12 x 12 cardstock
1- 9.75 circle pattern paper
1 - 9 x 7 pattern paper
1 - 5 x 7 pattern paper
1 - 1.5 x 12 pattern paper
Chipboard flourishes
Alpha Title
Journaling spot
1- 4 x6 picture
All patterned (designer) paper is from the Girls Paperie line called Paper Girl, the base cardstock is Bazzill and the pink altered flowers are punched with an EK Success blossom punch and the paper is from DCWV, pastel cardstock. Most edges were distressed with my handy dandy Heidi Swapp edge distresser. There is a small border of pink that was made with a Taylored Expression scalloped eyelet die.

"Mostly" handmade flowers.

The base of these flowers is a store bought white flower (Making Memories) and I used Tattered Angels "Glam" in Organic Garden to give them the green glimmered look. The blossoms were first punched out using a large scallop circle (Marvy Uchida) then I cut the circle into a "spiral" and begin to roll up starting on one end working your way to the end, let it relax and see the blossom develop, I added Glossy Accents to adhere in a couple of places and to adhere to the green flower base. To the very center of the flower I added a "glob" of the Glossy Accents then add the pearl (ColorStories brand) There are some great tutorials out in blogland for handmade flowers so the sky (or garden) is the limit!

Be sure to click to enlarge to see the detail on the flourishes. I didn't have any chipboard flourishes so I had to improvise. I found a couple of stickers (BoBunny, top; Basic Grey, bottom) and attached them to a piece of chipboard and very patiently (maybe) and meticulously cut them out. The next steps were trial and error but I liked the result. I painted each of the flourishes with Claudine Hellmuth's Studio paint, blank canvas (aka white!), dried with heat gun to speed up the process, so much for my patience ;-) then painted with Distress Crackle Paint (old paper), heat gunned to dry, then "glammed" with the Tattered Angels Organic Garden Glam, heat gunned to dry again. I used the sanding block around the edges then distressed with ink, (aged Mahogany). Finally, I attached to the layout with Glossy Accents and dimensionals.

Down the homestretch!

EK Success blossom punch shaped this flower. I used the Victoria embossing folder then sanded to bring out the white, then used Distress Ink (aged mahogany) around the edges to "antique it" the green leaves are actually a large flower I "glammed" and cut apart to look like leaves. The center of this flower was made with a small scallop circle punch (Marvy Uchida) and two circle punches (EK Success). I attached the two circles with glossy accents and the darker color had been "glammed" and made "glossy" with the Glossy Accents just for a little interest.

Bless your heart if you made it to the end!! I hope that you've gotten a little bit of inspiration! This layout was made with love and the picture was taken almost a year ago, so my little granddaughter Addy has changed quite a bit! I really need to get some updated pics off of my computer and into my hands!
Hope you'll leave a delightful comment!


1 comment: