Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A card and an update and an ODBD blog hop

Another week, speeding by....

Yes, I have been a bit MIA!! Getting tax stuff ready for the accountant! Blaaahhh!! But hooray, it's done, I can breathe again! It's even done before April 1st, whoo-hoo!! Trusting the Lord that it will be good news when the accountant calls.

So here is what else is going on in my life: (better grab a cup of coffee or some tea)

I've been enjoying our Beth Moore Daniel Bible study we've been doing on Wednesday mornings! What a wonderful study (the homework is incredible, too!) My dh has taught this so it's not new to me but she does an excellent job communicating God's truths to us women, doesn't she?! I'm looking forward to her Simulcast coming up next month that the Nazarene Church is hosting in Eureka. I'm also facilitating (or moderating) The Love Dare Bible study a group of us ladies are participating in it at Christian Paper Crafts. This is a private study so unless you signed up for it you won't be able to comment or join in. It's been a real blessing to get to know the ladies and have a safe place to share our hearts with one another. I believe God is doing a real work in our lives and strengthening the marriages involved. Next up is the Gospel of John study that will be posted at CPC late Sunday night we are in chapter 6, I'm learning so much as I study and prepare for each weeks lessson, I appreciate all the prayer I can get on this, sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming but I am so grateful for the prayer support I've received and the strength the Lord has given me to get these things done each week. I absolutely could not do it without the Lords help and the covering of prayer I receive. Thank you ladies!!! You know who you are :-)

I do have a card to post that I did last week for last weeks challenges but was to overwhelmed with stuff to get it posted. Here it is: Don't tell my daughter, it's for her birthday (shhhh!) I don't have to worry about her seeing it here she doesn't have time for the computer with a 3 year old, a 9month old, plus working 3 days a week.


Christian Paper Crafts Sketch Tuesday (CPC-ST47) from LAST WEEK (I'm bad!) Thanks Gloria for an awesome sketch. Our color challenge CPC-CM47 is yellow, pink and cream or white. Thanks Jen! Sorry for the late posting. Here is my card:



CPC-ST47 AND CPC-CM47



Here is a pic of the "pleated" ribbon I did. That took a bit of time. Here's how I did it. First I measured one inch intervals and marked with a pencil. After doing that for the length of the ribbon I then folded the ribbon to the mark I made and just repeated but first I stitched it down (by hand, the button is hiding the stitch) then I attached the ribbon to the paper with Zots and the buttons, too. It wasn't hard, but a bit time consuming, is there an easier way? Let me know! I still don't have the sewing machine up and running or else I would have machine basted it. The patterned paper is from Basic Grey and the cardstock is from Paper Accents. I used a stamp fr0m an Autumn Leaves set and the ink is Archival (coffee). I added a little more color with my Copic R32 and the center of the flower with Smooch pearlized accent paint. The pink pearls from Creative Charms I customized using my Copic R32 and the border punch and corner rounder is from EK Success. One last thing I did was use Distress Ink, antique linen to distress the edges of the pink cardstock with the sentiment. (Ribbon from Michaels and the buttons from Making Memories)

I didn't mean to get so wordy!! You'd think I was writing a book for cryin' out loud!! Well it is now 11:55 pm (pacific time) and I've got grandbabies coming over early in the morning so I'd best get myself to bed. I'm going to try and coordinate nap times so that I can sneak into my craft room (across the hall from the nappers!) and create something with this weeks challenges at Christian Paper Crafts. You might want to check out the Our Daily Bread Blog Hop they are celebrating their 2nd Anniversary. Talk about some gorgeous creations, oh my goodness!! You really don't want to miss this so head over there. Ok this time I mean it.... good night!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card Natalie!!! Wonderful ribbon treatment, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete