Saturday, November 7, 2009

"If You Don't Make Mistakes, You Don't Make Anything"

Yes, I'm back trying to play catch up! Hey did you like the title of my post today? It's considered a proverb but I'm not sure from who or where. However, I've been making my share of mistakes in my cardmaking attempts so I thought... what can I learn from this? Well, one thing, I can do nothing and then sit and look at all the craft supplies and be aghast. I could stay out of my craftroom and the house will get clean (ha! I'll find something else to do) I could give up and not try but then I won't experience the joy of creating something that will put a smile on someone's face. Okay enough "philosophy" if you can call my musings, that! So, I'm okay with making mistakes because I'm learning. I'm learning and I'm meeting new friends online, I'm sharing a talent with others, I'M LEARNING! It's good to learn and make new things! So, are you scratching your head and wondering what this is leading to? Simple... I made a card (lol...what else is new) BUT, it was from a mistake and I revamped it and I had fun creating it! And it was simple! Can you have clean and simple and still distress with ink.... just wondering... remember I'm still learning!! I'll have to ask Jen (aka Miss Boo) the Queen of CAS!!
And here it is: TESC-90
This card was inspired by a sketch at Taylored Expressions but it kind of took on a life of it's own so even though there may be an element or two from the sketch, it is really not worthy to post on their blog. But I do give them credit for the inspiration!
Here is the recipe:
Pattern Paper: K & Company
Cardstock: Paper Accents
Stamp: Tim Holtz, Inkadinkadoo
Ink: Archival Ink: coffee, russet (I love these inks!)
Embellishments: Making Memories, brads
Tools: Cuddlebug, Swirl folder; EK Success, corner rounder
Technique: distressed with inks, embossed with CB
Finished size 4.25" x 5"

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty card, Natalie. I have a thing for vintage birdcages :-).

    ReplyDelete