Friday, March 27, 2009

Sugar and Spice...

As you can see this blog is not about food!! Sorry...


It is about BABY GIRLS. My daughter Kelly, a niece Lara, a friends' daughter Jaimee, a friends' daughter-in-law Sarah, and a young lady at our church named Kayla (due any minute!) are all pregnant. All are having girls!! Five girls not one boy in the bunch! So, I'm getting myself busy with girlie stuff! My friend Tina's daughter is due in May and she is the second one scheduled to deliver. Her baby shower is next Saturday two states away so I won't be attending but my gift will. Which is why I'm writing. I finished my first baby girl project. Whoo-hoo!!! I posted a sneak peak of the beginnings of it a few days ago and
I've finally put the finishing touches and can call it good!


The paper I used is from DieCuts with A View "Nana's Nursery - Baby Girl" (I've stated the obvious!) and the chipboard album is from Bo Bunny. I'll share a little about the details/embellishing I did. Also I'd like to share that to adhere the paper to the chipboard I use "Yes!" paste a Gane Brothers & Lane, Inc. product. It doesn't bubble and I just prefer it. Dries clear and easy to clean up. I use an old credit card to smooth it out over the chipboard for an even coat.


The tag shown I sprayed (both sides) with Glimmer Mist (pink taffy), and I hand wrote the date of birth etc., then stamped "bundle of joy" with a clear stamp from Studio G and added ribbon.




I used my Cuddlebug to emboss the tag holder using the swiss dot folder, I also Glimmer Misted this paper and added photo corners of that same pattern paper w/o the "misting". I also addded eyelets to the corners. Hopefully if you can click and enlarge the photo you'll be able to see the details clearer. The Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels give the paper a really pretty shimmer.





This photo shows how I distressed the "A" with white paint around the edges and added the flowers. There are 3 flowers layered which I Glimmer misted and added the button (flowers/buttons from Making Memories) and the eyelets at the bottom of the "A" are from Making Memories, too.





Here is the backside of the "A" I had a leftover frame from an old baby kit so I added a bow to the bottom corner and a Scripture at the top (clear sticker) I left the side of the frame unattached so that it would be easy to slip a photo into it.




Ah, the letter "B" (I sound like Sesame Street!) Here I used a new technique. The wording at the bottom is a transparency and I painted the backside of it green to match the photo corners (Paper Shapers: Scallops). I saw that technique (painted transp.) on a blog recently and couldn't wait to try it.





I love this little stamp from an All Occasion Kit from Inkadinkadoo (Christmas gift from the kids!). I stamped it on cardstock then used a Zig pen to color in the petals, cut it out and added a tiny pink button. The white paper strip downside the "B" is actually the backside of a hot pink strip from Doodlebug's Paper Frills.





Here is the backside of the "B" and I've used an EK Success corner punch on the cardstock mat corners. Did another painted transparency, this time in pink and added 3 small flower buttons.



(I love this next page, probably because I was winding down.... and it was the last one!!! And if you have read this whole blog, I applaud you!! Thank you cause I know it's long. I hope you'll leave a comment)

The pattern paper had some yellow in it so I choose cardstock to match then painted around the edges with pink and added white dots. The daisy is from an EK punch and I added a green button. I also cut two strips of paper from a coordinating sheet from the line (Nana's Nursery) and made a border. Looks like I cut it off at the bottom when I took the picture.





I wanted to share this last little "delightful detail" I used white embroidery floss (doubled) and tied a bow, used a glue dot to adhere the two diaper pins and used another glue dot to adhere the pink button. Just a fun little embellishment that made me smile :-)




That took quite some time to post (whew!), longer than it' going to take you to read, thank goodness!! I appreciate you looking and I hope I've inspired you in some small way!


And Everything Nice...


Natalie



Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

6 comments:

  1. Lovely album.. i like the part where you did the glimmer mist.. the tag... lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable baby album!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it. Love the soft feel of it. Just beautiful!! And...I needed to hear that verse today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely baby album. It's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete