Wednesday, February 18, 2009

As Promised!

Good Evening!

I can't believe it's already after 9p.m. Where has my day gone? It has been a busy one, that's for sure. Jakob arrived early (6:45a.m.) I'm so not a morning person, I'm pathetic. After breakfast and some serious playtime, {you should see him attempt to juggle, it's one of my secret talents and he is trying his best to copy me, it is hilarious}, we headed to the church for Ladies Bible Study. We had our last lesson in the Beth Moore study "Stepping Up" (I've probably already mentioned that in an earlier post), but if you haven't had the pleasure of listening or participating in a Beth Moore Bible Study you are missing out. I thoroughly enjoy listening to her teach. She has a way of teaching that will just bless your socks off! You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll be inspired and you will be challenged to grow in your knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Before the study and final prayers were over, Jake was asleep in my arms (that hasn't happened in a long time, I guess 6:45 was early for him, too!) So, I hurried home, got him in his bed and headed to my craft room/table! I knew I only had a good 90 minutes to create. I probably should have taken a nap, but my scrapbooking layout was calling my name!!! Can you relate??
It's amazing how I've learned to work under pressure! I enjoyed this layout, probably because of the sweet baby in this picture... and my dear daughter, Amy who was celebrating her thirtieth birthday, yes, I said it, 30th birthday... it just shouldn't be, she should only be twenty not thirty.
Nevertheless, it is what it is and if you must know she is now thirty-one! And she is Aunt Mimi to our little Jakob.
Layout details:

I used a red cardstock to mat the photos and it is my background piece. The patterned paper is from My Minds Eye "Star Bright - Paisley Pop" the paper elements (stars, file) are also from the MME line. The ribbon is American Craft and the buttons are from my stash. The above picture doesn't have the title or journaling on it, I was running out of sunlight before I finished but I did photograph them in the following "detail" pictures. And they truly do add the finishing touches.

This the the transparency I made on the computer using a font called "Not His Angel" I found it from a website called "Kevin & Amanda" Their web address is http://www.kevinandamanda.com/ the fonts are free to download and there are lots of them.

This is a side view of my journaling, which isn't much. I used the label that came with the file and so didn't fit much on mostly just who, what, where, and when. The little stars are attached with the 3-d adhesive squares that I cut down in quarters.

Tomorrow when I have some sunlight, I'll post the finished product in one final shot, so you can see all the "Delightful Details!"

Sweet dreams!

Natalie

He who heeds the word wisely will find good, and whoever trusts in the LORD, happy is he. Proverbs 16:20

No comments:

Post a Comment