Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Cast Your Burden upon the Lord - Word Art Wednesday

Good Day to you all!

It's time for our Word Art Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes, Family Friendly challenge).  This week our sponsor is Stamp Simply Clear Stamps!  Sharon Johnson is the Owner/Designer and she has donated a generous prize for the winner : 2 stamp sets OR 1 stamp set and 1 die set. AWESOME!  Thanks so much Sharon!  Be sure and check out her fabulous shop HERE.  And for more inspiration check out the Stamp Simply Blog.

For my card I've used our sponsor's Coffee or Tea? die set and a sentiment from the Thinking of You Rose stamp set.
Here is my card for a little inspiration!

Not sure of the brand of paper it's from an old Taylor Expressions card kit that I've been hoarding It's so pretty on both sides!  The metallic gold card stock is from DCWV and I've die cut the handle and steam separately, then die cut the smaller cup in the set twice, once in the gold and once with the pink/gold dotted paper.  I stamped the Scripture from John 14:27 (from the stamp set) onto the cup, I thought it complimented the verse from Psalms 55:22 which is our Scripture Art this challenge for the designers.  I've use a doily that's transparent behind the tea cup, which of course doesn't show up in the photo unless you click on it, then it might. It's real subtle even in person.  My card base is white (A2 Neenah bright white), pink c/s layer is cut to fit the base 5.5 x 4.25, the pattern paper, dotted side was cut 5.25 x 4 and the rose vine paper was cut 5 x 3.75.  Simple design, just how I roll (lol)!  This will be a good card to encourage someone at church.  I do have someone in mind.

Love this promise in Psalm 55:22.  We can see God's faithfulness in the midst of a trial or testing of our faith.  As we release those things troubling to us to Him, He will hold us and bear the weight of our burden.  He is the Sustain-er!  I encourage you today to not be afraid, cast your burden, your hurt, your anger, your testing, whatever it may be upon the Lord and He will lift you up and help you in your time of trouble.  He is faithful and loves you!

Thanks so much for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment