Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Put on Love - Word Art Wednesday

Thanks for visiting!! I trust you are having a great week. 

Today I am sharing a card for our Word Art Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes - Family Friendly). We have a fantastic sponsor this week : Waffle Flower Stamps and Dies!  Be sure and check out their blog for some fun inspiration.  Thanks so much to Waffle Flower for sponsoring our prize this week.  Don't forget you can link up 5 new projects per week of the 2 week challenge.

I've used the Bouquet Builders 1 stamp set on my card.


I used my Zig Clean Color brushes to color after stamping the individual images with Archival Watering Can ink.  I did a little tiny bit of masking but that work is hidden under the Scripture art strip! I've used Strathmore 140# cold press watercolor paper and kept this pretty simple, the card base is A2 and I cut the watercolor paper that size too.  I do love the vibrant colors of the Zig real brushes.  I used a waterbrush with the Light Blue for the background.  I may make another one and add a bit of texture/dimension with some Liquid Pearls or Nuvo Jewel Drops or perhaps a few sequins.  I'm pretty CAS when it comes to the watercolored cards.

Our Scripture Art this week is from Colossians 3:14
"And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness."

Love is truly the summary of all the things mentioned in the previous verses in this chapter in Colossians.  It is the righteous requirement of God to "put on charity aka love (agape). It's what shows that we are His and that bond of perfectness is the manifestation of the life of Christ Jesus in us, to which we were called.  Jesus said that others would know we belong to Him by our love for one another.  Chapter 3 of Colossians has a great checklist to examine our lives to see if we are walking in a way that is pleasing to the Lord, especially in our relationships with others.  I know I sure fall short, I'm so grateful for God's love and forgiveness.  I'm truly loved and feel so blessed because of His goodness to me!  To God be all the glory.

Have a wonderful week and thanks again for visiting!  I will be busy this afternoon making the grandkids their Valentine cards after our Ladies Bible Study in the morning.  Hopefully I will be able to post them here tomorrow.  I really want to make some peek a boo cards I saw on Jennifer McGuire's blog.  They sure were cute!



Photobucket

2 comments: