Thursday, May 10, 2012

Altered Manila Folder/Mini Scrapbook - Front and Back - Part 1

Hello Delightful friends and family!
I thought I'd begin to share my altered manila folder scrapbook and thought it would be easiest to break it down into "bite size" posts.

Front cover of the manila folder scrapbook: Distress Stains I used to create the background: Worn Lipstick, Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed and Fired Brick.

Rosette (1" x 12") strip of card stock; Stem (1/2" strip trimmed down in length to desired size) accordion folded, glued down and then Distress Ink (Peeled Paint) blended on edges; Leaf - diecut from Taylored Expressions.  The stamped butterflies are Hero Arts, the flowers are from the Dylusions - How Does Your Garden Grow set (Ranger) and I've stamped them with Stazon jet black ink and masked to repeat. Button from my stash. Most of the designer paper I used throughout this project is from My Minds Eye.

I've used 2 Manila Folders cut in half for this project.  If I was to do it again, I'd probably only use one folder, it would have been plenty for a mini album.
Tools used: Fiskars Trimmer; Cuttlebug (ProvoCraft); Scor-Pal; Heat Tool, Blending Tool and Non-Stick Craft Sheet (Ranger); Bind-it-All with their 7/16" wire ( Zutter).
Hope you enjoy this stamping, distressing, scoring, blending, diecutting project!!  Thanks for visiting and stay tuned for Part 2.

"Be still, and know that I am God.  I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"  Psalm 46:10


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie! This is just beautiful! What a nice Spring project. Hope you're having a great week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Natalie! I am so impressed with this book cover. You did a beautiful job on this, so pretty. I've been missing for a day or two, my husband had surgery but is doing fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed this, but love it!! Love that rosette and the oolors and the. . .well, everything!!! It's refreshing and vibrant!!

    ReplyDelete