Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SCS - FS258 - Thinking of You

Hello Delightful Friends and Family!  
We are starting off our Wednesday with quite a rainy and windy storm, we are definitely in need of rain so that's okay, but buckets of rain are in the forecast, I hope we just get a small bucket, flooding is no fun.

Well I've been visiting Splitcoast Stampers frequently as of late and so I decided it was time to play in a challenge.  My friend Cindy Coutts is the challenge hostess for the Featured Stamper challenge and she's been delighting a lot of stampers with her choice of stampers each week.  This week is no exception.  I found creative inspiration from this weeks gallery choice belonging to Linda (aka at SCS as: Holstein)

I chose THIS card to CASE and I did change a few things on it.  
1.color 2. bottom edge 3. moved the sentiment  4. image
I hope you like the changes, I know that mine is not nearly as beautiful as the original.  Linda's card is stunning and is so classic with the crisp white and navy colors.

The colors I've chosen are a cream and sort of a midnight blue with yellow accents (ribbon & Liquid Pearls, buttercup). Taylored Expressions "Birds of a Feather" is the stamp set I've used with Archival Ink (cobalt blue) to stamp it.  I did use the same Spellbinders Lacey Circles and Classic Circle die.  I'm not sure Linda used the die to cut out the circle in the layer of white as I did but perhaps she cut out a navy circle and added the lacey circle to it.  I've also used the Spellbinders Edgeabilities called Classic Postage Stamp border which if you noticed did not cut the postage edge and I didn't notice until I had pulled it out of the die.  Oh well, I like it (probably would have liked it better if it had done what it was supposed to! I may have to try it again) I've added the ribbon (American Crafts) and a button from my stash.  The sentiment is stamped and cut out using the Shopping Bag and Labels die set from Taylored Expressions. The inside is finished with the Lacey Circle and another sentiment and image from the set.


Thanks for looking and have an excellent day!  God bless.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oh Natalie I just love this card! So delightful and the inside is great also! Thinking about you today and praying for you and your dear daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! I never think of going to SCS for inspiration or challenges--MUST head over there SOOOOON!!! What a fab card-beautiful bow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Love the die cuts on the bottom edge!!

    ReplyDelete