Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bear Hugs - TESC151

Hello Delightful Friends and Family!

Bear hugs to you!!  I had fun making this card for Valentines Day (for my grandson Jakob age: almost 5!!)The sketch from Taylor at Taylored Expressions is fun and easy, I can see myself using it many times. 
 
I tried a new technique (for me) with my Copic coloring to get a bit of texture (kind of) on sweet Buddy Bear.  After coloring all the brown fur (E13, E15, E18), I soaked a small section of a dish towel with the Colorless Blender, then I dabbed around the brown.  The texture of the towel had a weave rather than being terry cloth. It looks somewhat like the basket weave that shows in the background of the photo.  The picture turned out pretty dark but the other one I took was washed out! Drats! This one was truer to the color and since it's getting dark out and it's almost time for our Evening Service at church, I decided this was going to have to be good enough!

I think he is just the cutest.  Perhaps we will be seeing more of him...

Here are the rest of the ingredients to my card:
Designer Paper: Basic Grey - Kissing Booth (stripes and the brown); Card Stock: Bazzill (base)and Neenah bright white; Ink: Memento, Tuxedo Black; Spellbinder Nestabilities: Standard Circles Large and Classic Scallop Circles Large; Buttons (my stash); Anchor Floss 1204;  Copic Markers: E0000, E13, E15, E18, W1, W5, RV25, R01, R81, R83, R85, YG03 and Colorless Blender.  Finished card is 5.5 x 5.5

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a delightful comment, it's so thoughtful of you when you do!  I love the following verse what a boost to those of us who are facing the work week!

Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.   Isaiah 40:28-29

God bless....

 
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Super cute Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, Nat! This is so cute--LOVE that bear and your coloring/shading! I also love your design--great use of papers and buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Natalie, I am in love with that bear. . .and don't have it yet! I think I 'need' it! Your take on the sketch is fabulous and I love how you colored that adorable bear :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo cute Natalie!! Great tip on how you added texture to your bear. He is just the bees knees! You rocked Taylor's sketch. The colors are my favorite too! Thank you for playing along with TESC!
    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant technique with the colorless blender and the towel Natalie. Adorable card too for little Jakob - well not so little anymore! I can't believe he's 5! Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete