Wednesday, February 20, 2013

LOVEFEST2013A - God is Faithful (WAW#68)


Hello Delightful friends and family!

I've been playing around with this letterpress technique I shared in my last post and I've made another card but instead of using Archival Ink, I've used Distress Ink.  It had a little less coverage and seemed to resist the paper unlike the Archival ink which saturated and covered (in my opinion) a bit better but the result was still good, just different.  The inks I've used are Bundled Sage (first), then Spiced Marmalade and then Frayed Burlap. I've also used Vintage Photo around the sentiment. 
 I'm entering this card at the Splitcoast Stamper's Love Fest's  first challenge.  The challenge was to incorporate items into the card using the letters L - O - V - E.  

 I've incorporated the following:

L - Letterpress technique and lace
O - oval and orange 
V - Vintage Photo Distress Ink and vintage lace
E - Embossing folder

I'm also entering this at Word Art Wednesday - challenge #68 Anything Goes . 




The other ingredients: Stamps - Taylored Expressions (Faith in Bloom); Ribbon (brown) TE Key Ingredient kit; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Spellbinder Nestabilities scallop oval;  Card Stock: Bazzill and Neenah. Lace (KaiserCraft); Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug - Provocraft).

Thanks for visiting and remember:  God is truly faithful!!

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.   Romans 5:8




Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Natalie, this is just beautiful! I struggle to make the letterpress technique work for me! You just nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, this is awesome. I love the beautiful colors and design. You are doing great on this technique. I also love your sentiment because I do believe God is Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! I'm going to have to try this! Love the way you've added the ribbon and sentiment with this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God certainly is faithful, and I only pray that I can be as faithful in my witnessing, my life, and my walk as He is to me each day. Thanks for sharing your beautiful art with us, Natalie. You bless me each time you stop by to share with us, and I pray that God is also blessing you for being an encouragement to us.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever that technique takes, it's come up with a beautiful card! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete