Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fresh Flowers and Grace!

Hello Delightful friends and family,
Just a quick post to share a couple of items that I made.  The first is a tag that I made for Word Art Wednesday #38. The challenge is "Never Give Up" well, the word "grace" has so much meaning for me. Especially knowing that even though I don't deserve God's grace, He has generously given it to me through my Lord Jesus Christ and that makes me want to persevere and not give up.  He doesn't give up on me!!  It is definitely transforming and so I've included a butterfly on this tag, what better way to describe a transformed life - catapillar to butterfly.  So glad the caterpillar doesn't give up the battle with the cocoon! 
If you are facing a battle, don't give up. Reach up and know the Lord is there ready to extend His hand of grace to help in the time of your need.  

Here are the ingredients: Tag, (4.25 x 5.5) Paper Accents; Inks: Distress Inks and stains, Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters; Distress Pen: Faded Jeans; Ranger Clear Embossing powder, Perfect Pearls Mist (Mint), Paint Dabber (Lettuce); Archival Ink: Aquamarine; Memento Ink: Pear Tart;
Stamps: Hampton Arts (Beautiful butterfly); Taylored Expressions (Grace); Grass (Stencil from Plaid Folkart, Dragonflies).

My second project is a card and I used Amy's color inspiration photo Scrapin N Style #2 and Card Positioning Systems #275 sketch. 



 
Amy said on her blog about the color challenge to " think fresh" and what's better than fresh flowers and a smile!!
Here are my list of ingredients:
Paper: Echo Park Summer Days collection (the larger flowers are actually paper pieced with one of the papers and the smaller ones colored with Copic Markers); Card Stock: Bazzill;  Stamps: Gina K Designs (One In a Million set); Ink: Memento, Tuxedo Black ; Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities: Large Deckled Rectangles and Standard Circles; Buttons (stash) and Ribbon, American Crafts.

Hope you have a wonderful day and thanks so much for visiting!

There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1    now that's grace :-)

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Oh, Natalie! These are beautiful creations--I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that butterfly on that tag! YES! It's the perfect image for a transformed life!!

    What a beautiful card too! I LOVE those papers and that ribbon! FAB take on all those challenges!

    ps...thanks for stopping by today! I'm sorry I've been MIA lately--I was home in IN for a funeral (my 16 yo cousin passed away unexpectedly). THANKS for sharing in your post about God's grace and that we shouldn't give up. That is def. what I need to remember right now. I am clinging to Rom. 8:28--knowing that God will bring good out of this situation. THANKS for sharing God's love!!!!!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card and tag are both beautiful. I love the colors in your card and the beautiful flowers. So sorry I missed the news about your cousin. I know God brings good from any situation. I am reading Proverbs this month, a chapter a day. It is so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie - These are super cute. I appreciate you sharing them with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. You did a great job.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch...I would love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/07/52-card-pickup-week-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Natalie! Super cute projects - love them both! I hope you have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card is super cute Natalie! Thank you so much for playing along!

    Amy
    Http//:scrappinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tag, it really showcases some lovely colors and techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag and an oh so lovely card!! It was so nice chatting with you today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your pretty butterfly tag and your thinking of you card. Love those little buttons bordering the stamped image!
    BTW - thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tag and card are lovely Natalie. I love those buttons and their framing. Thank you for sharing your inspiring work at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your tag and card and your little devotion. Amen to God not giving up on me! Hugs dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your tag and card. Love the colors and the words on it.

    Thanks so much for sharing your art with us on WAW.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a beautiful tag, lovely colours and words

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love them both (but esp the tag) and praising God with you for His grace!

    ReplyDelete