Friday, June 22, 2012

A Sweet Birthday!

Hello Delightful Friends and Family!
It's officially summer this week, hooray!! And of course here where I live, that means it's going to rain... yes, rain!  My flowers and lawn are very happy but the campers, scheduled baseball games, and fair-goers are not feeling the joy today.  It's downright cold.  The kiddo's are bundled up and watching a movie and hopefully we will get a break and we will be able to go outside (but that's probably not going to happen today! boo-hoo) But I'll just reflect on my happy flowers and my green lawn weeds flourishing!

Here is a card I made and neglected to share.  It's already been sent off and received by the birthday gal (Taylor) a week ago. 
.
I love the sprinkles on the frosting, I used the Ranger Liquid Pearls (I have a large collection of them!) and don't they work perfectly with the paper (Simple Stories - Fabulous).  The Stamp is from the set Build a Treat (Taylored Expressions) and I used the matching Dies to cut them with my Cuttlebug.  The Buttons and all the paper are from the Key Ingredient Kits.  Memento Tuxedo Black ink was used to stamp the sentiment and images.  KaiserCraft lace was used to embellish and the Upper Crest Border Punch (EK Success) was used for added interest at the bottom edge

Thanks for looking and I hope you are having the start of an excellent weekend!!

"Am I a God at hand, declares the LORD, and not a God far away?  Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the LORD.  Do I not fill heaven and earth? declares the LORD."  Jeremiah 23:23-24

Ps. I'm so glad that God is always near to those who love and respect Him. When we become His children through faith in Jesus Christ, He comes to live in us personally and cares about every aspect of our lives.  Our connection with Him is immediate and intimate.  It's a relationship not religious acts.  The more we give ourselves to knowing and experiencing the reality of God's presence in our lives and experience the love He has for us, the more we want to please Him and get rid of obstacles that hinder our relationship with Him.  To God be all the glory!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Those sprinkles on the cupcake are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute design and love the details on the cupcake. lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's raining here too! It's so cold!

    LOVE the polka dots and that little cupcake! FUN card:)

    THANKS for sharing the scripture and thought today! I have been struggling and it's nice to come here and see scripture that is TRUTH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cupcake looks SO yummy that i want to take a big bite! I hope you will consider linking this one, too, at Word Art Wednesday. Your art is such a blessing, so uplifting and fun. You are an encouragement to me too!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete