Friday, June 1, 2012

Birthday Wishes (TESC#161; PDCC#134) and Happy Birthday, Superman?

Hello Delightful friends and a happy birthday to my brother-in-law, Larry who is 9 days older than me! Got to throw that in there (ha!)  He thinks he is Superman and I have the photo to prove it which is at the end of this post and I may be in trouble...

Here is the final sketch challenge for the Taylored Expressions finale. I'm also entering this into the Play Date Cafe Challenge (Apricot, Canary, Latte and Rose)

 


The ingredients to my card:  Stamp Sets - Labels of Love and Summer Afternoon (Taylored Expressions); Designer Paper: Prima Marketing Sun Kissed Collection; Bazzill Card Stock; Inks: Memento, Rich Cocoa and Cantaloupe, Distress Inks, Dried Marigold; KaiserCraft lace (cream); ProvoCraft Embossing folder (Cassie's Brocade); Spellbinders Nestabilities Scallop Circle and Standard Circles; The large butterfly is on the paper the other two were fussy cut and adhered with Zots.

My mom and Larry have this one-upmanship thing going every Christmas and she outdid herself on his gift that year (2010), we were rolling on the floor! He is every bit 6'4" so this was quite a sight.  Happy birthday, Larry!

Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!

You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.  Isaiah 26:3

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Natalie, your card is gorgeous. I love yellow and this color is perfect for this card. Wishing you a fabulous weeken. What a great photo of Superman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just exquisite! I love the softness and the lace and butterflies!
    So funny to have this kind of fun going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I like that sketch and what you did with it. Beautiful texture on those circles. Thanks a bunch for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card! LOVE those butterflies and the lace! Great use of our colors:) THANKS for playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ps....LOVE that pic of Superman! SUPER funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful card, Natalie. . .it's like a glass of lemonade on a hot summer day, so very refreshing! Love the way you've added the texture and colors! That superman outfit is great. . .that must have been SO funny!! :D Makes me laugh just thinking about it! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Natalie!! I hope the weather held off long enough for your BBQ today. Tell Superman Happy Birthday!!!

    It was wonderful to see you and chat with you yesterday.
    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these colors and the butterflies are delightful! The superman outfit....PRICELESS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will definitely make sure my dad sees this post. That picture is a classic. I'm glad you have shared it - really, it's meant to be seen! :)

    ReplyDelete