Sunday, March 18, 2012

From Fun in the Sun to Fun in the Snow!

Hello Delightful Friends and Family!
Can we talk about extremes here?! Last weekend I was in Arizona, enjoying the 80 degree weather, watching the Giants play against the Mariners and the Angels (see two posts ago).  This weekend we were playing in the snow on Horse Mountain here in Humboldt County.  We found a nice little hill for both little and old to enjoy sliding down.  I personally hate the snow but I love to hear the kids giggle and I enjoy taking the pictures of everyone enjoying themselves!  I shouldn't say I hate the snow, I just don't have the proper clothing for it to make it enjoyable. kwim? 

Jeremy Affeldt pitching last Sunday.

This is the view from the backside of the Hilton in Phoenix.

Here is the front view (so glad my mom has a time-share!!)

Couldn't resist taking a picture of this beautiful bush at the resort in Arizona.

 One week later in northern California about 45 minutes from home:  My oldest, Amy all bundled up!

Addy throwing a snowball at me!!! (she missed!)

Hubby Kerry trying to stay warm and Lady loving the cold snow, until it started to hail on us!

Daughter Kelly striking a pose

Body surfing on the snow?? No, there is a board under my son-in-law Ray (the hill is hiding it)

Jake loved it, as soon as he got to the bottom of the hill he said "That was AWESOME!"  It was so stinkin' cute!  But we had to cut our afternoon short due to the weather and concerns about the roads freezing when it began to hail. 

Mimi (Aunt Amy) and Addy.

Sad that we had to cut the day short...  even when he's pouty, he's cute!  However, a homemade pumpkin muffin made him smile, once we got loaded back into the Expedition.

Thanks for visiting and I'm definitely getting into the crafty mode, just need to stay home long enough to get started!

"O come, let us sing unto the LORD: Let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation."  Psalm 95:1


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Natalie, I am loving your pictures and boy when you do get a chance to stay at home, you have some great photos to get you started. Hope you are doing well dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW! Sun to snow! Super fab pictures--and I LOVE that last photo! He is super adorable--even with a pout:) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalie! OMG I loved this post!!! Your pictures are awesome and what a good story!!! Have a wonderful week. Blessings to you! XO

    ReplyDelete