Thursday, February 2, 2012

With Sympathy - CPS 220

Hello dear delightful friends and family,
It's difficult to make a sympathy card especially when you know the family it will be going to.  One thing  while making the card, you could be praying for peace and comfort for the family, then trust and be assured that the Lord is good in all things, even in death.  For the Christian, it's a celebration of life truly beginning, unfortunately for those left behind, still learning the lessons of life, it can be a very difficult time.  I'm so grateful for God's Word when faced with these times.  One verse in particular I'd like to share with those visiting/reading is Philippians 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." 
I believe with all my heart when we bring our petitions before the God of peace, especially in these matters, the Holy Spirit does the work in guarding our heart and mind and bringing about a peace and comfort that the world around us just does not understand.  I'm so thankful for the ministry and love of the Holy Spirit!

I've used the CPS sketch #220 for my card today. 
I used Distress Stains:Tumbled Glass, Tea Dye, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Worn Lipstick and a mini mister filled with water to make the background (I used watercolor paper for this particular piece). I dried my paper with my heat gun then I stamped my image and using a Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large, I diecut the shape and then sponged around the edges with Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass and Vintage Photo).  Another circle was cut using DP (from my scrap basket - I think it is MME) the reverse side of the DP is the flower pattern layered under the script circle.  The sentiment was cut from leftover background paper and sponged and framed out with the DP. Stamp sets are from Taylored Expressions: Care and Comfort (sentiment) and Summer Afternoon (silhouette).  Both are stamped with Memento, Tuxedo Black ink and the silhouette was filled in with Copics 100 Black.  Ribbon (American Crafts), the card stock is Bazzill. 
Finished card 4.25 x 5.5

 CPC #220


Inside of card: Sentiment from CARE & COMFORT (Taylored Expressions)

Thanks for looking and may the God of all comfort fill your heart with peace.  To God be the glory!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful sympathy card Natalie...those are always so hard to send. I'm sure the family will appreciate it so much. Loved your verse today too - good reminder. Have a good day. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background is stunning! Nice card and great use of that CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH! I wish I was smart like you---I LOOOOOOOOOVE the idea of praying while making a sympathy card. That's so simple--but wish I would have been doing that from the beginning! Great idea:)

    LOVE this cardI LOVE the beautiful colors and the ribbon...WOW! And the inside is decorated too!! FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! Love the great design and distressing.

    ReplyDelete